Will Dana want the rematch at 125?

Will Dana want the rematch at 125?

• Total voters

Meathead Jock

WAR ASKREN
@Gold
Reaction score
Cejudo saying repeatedly he will fight him at 125 or 135. Bisping stepped in and told him, you need me as a manager because no way you should be offering this rematch at 125.

Dana is in a weird stop, if they redo the fight at 125, Cejudo is a pretty clear favorite AT THAT WEIGHT. It would just further diminish the 135lb belt and if you cut the weight class? We end up seeing a 3rd fight at 135 after 2 straight wins by the Challenger?

UFC going to punish Bisping for telling Cejudo his manager needs to be against a 125 rematch

Think it's in the UFC's best interest to not have a rematch at all, stalls 2 divisions for god knows how long. If they want to keep FLW this holds up Joe B and at 135 I'm sure all the contenders will just love a rematch.

Dana didn't commit to any rematch at all. He was mad about the stoppage but think this is one of those things he tries to get around doing.

No rematch

Dumb fight to make in the first place

The super fight was suppose to be MM vs TJ

We got the fight no one really wanted and the rematch no one should want to see

Even though Cejudo won in probably the most surprising and satisfying way possible, I think Dana is still going to get rid of the 125 division.

I dont consider it a rematch, just happens to be a title fight at 135 for Cejudo to become a 2 division champ. what other fight do you make? Garbrandt was trashed twice, Cruz is out. Assuncao and Moraes already have the contender fight booked.

No rematch. Give Benavidez the title shot. And T.J. can fight Cruz or Moraes.

I don't see why they don't just do the rematch at 135lb, TJ failed to go down and Bury the division, if Henry moves up and wins he can be 135lb champ, if he looses Dana can just scratch the first fight off as a fluke and drop the division like a sack of shit anyways, Dana has given guys interim title fights then forgot about them half an hour after making bank so I expect this to be his next move.

I say book the rematch at 135lbs, it what will sell the most amount of PPV’s. Moraes and Assuncao can wait a bit.

TJ was completely blown out, the only way TJ gets a rematch is if he puts his belt up for grabs and if Cejudo takes it, Cejduo will have revitalized the 125 lb division and will probably go on to be more than DJ possibly could've been had he stayed with the UFC

I dont consider it a rematch, just happens to be a title fight at 135 for Cejudo to become a 2 division champ. what other fight do you make? Garbrandt was trashed twice, Cruz is out. Assuncao and Moraes already have the contender fight booked.

Assuncao vs Moraes is very soon. the winners should fight for the title at 135. While Cejudo gets revenge on JoeyB (who I thought he already beat the first time).

I think everybody will want the rematch at 135 but TJ. Dana wants the FLW class gone and cejudo wants to be double champ.

Of course cejudo says publicly that he'll fight at 125 or 135, but he'll want his shot at holding two belts more than saving a division that will most likely parish.

If TJ doesn't get a rematch at 135, no one will take him seriously as the champ. He got beat by a smaller man.

It was a 32 second beatdown. You do rematches for barn burners, not one-sided barn burners.

A lot of other guys who got stopped inside of a minute never got rematches. If this rematch happens it's only fair to do it at 135 since Cejudo risked his belt this time, TJ now should have to risk his belt if he wants to run it back after losing that way. TJ is also a DISPUTED champ at 135 now, not undisputed, seeing as he just got beat by a guy willing to fight him at that weight. Anything else is a travesty, doing it at 125 again would be so transparently biased by the UFC as if to say "that didnt go as planned, lets pretend it didn't happen and have a re-do and hope TJ wins this time"

If UFC wants to eliminate the Fly division, have Cejuda fight TJ at 135. If Henry wins again he will be Bantam champ and they can then get rid of the FLY weights.

Yes Henry screwed Dana's plans, and gave more salt to TJ, after his loss than all the road salt used in the Midwest after that snow storm.

Not really, but it’s similar to the DC situation.

Dana wants the fighter at the heavier weight class but DC/TJ want to avenge in the same circumstances/weight class.

Dana clearly wants to rid 125, I think they may as well do it, not sure what the value in hanging around is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back