*Just watched the TJ/Cejudo stoppage for the first time. Here are my humble thoughts*

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score
1. I believe it was an early stoppage, much more considering it was at 125 lbs and knowing how good is TJ and how many tools he has to resist that kind of scenario.

2. But TJ's reaction just after the stoppage gives me some doubt. I mean, we've seen other opportunities when, just after the early stoppage, the "loser" starts complaining like crazy. TJ could say everything he wants in the presser, after an hour and a good shower, but just after the stoppage he didn't complained as i'd expect from a guy in that situation. Maybe he was just dized.

3. Although Cejudo could've won that fight in several ways, i believe TJ was able to keep fighting at that point.

4. That fight needed 15 more seconds. That stoppage is not good for TJ, as he'll always complain about it, and for Cejudo, who maybe deserved to enjoy his great win without having this kind of debates.

Doubt Cejudo gives a fuck that whiny bitches like TJ and Dana are crying. Probably just makes it that much sweeter.

Also, if you don't want to get stopped, don't get completely wrecked in 30 seconds, dropped twice and eating over a dozen straight shots without returning fire. 'But he was trying to grab a leg as he got dropped a second time!' Lol.

Henry is king of the upset.

We watched it at the bar and everyone went wild at that finish. It wasn’t a great stoppage but I agree with you, after the fight. T.J. seemed pretty dazed.

Oh well. It happened and it was exciting. I was disappointed the fight didn’t last longer though, I was super excited for it.

As a fan of TJ, I think it was a good stoppage. He got wobbled by the kick from Cejudo, then dropped by the punch behind the ear, then dropped like 3 more times while trying to get up.

Tj was gonna get fucked up from the first leg kick and punch that cejudo landed, look at the fight again. Cejudos first kick punch he threw stung Tj ass.

TJ was trying to get up and even made an attempt to grab Cejudo's leg.And who knows after that? Maybe he would have recovered OR would have gotten knocked out clean.Sadly we will never know because of the dumb ass referee. Recall Glover Teixeira's fight. He went limp but the ref gave it some time and he came back to win the fight.

It was an early stoppage and i do remember tj disagreeing with it. Not flamboyantly, but he was rocked.

I'm not inclined to believe Cejudo wouldn't have KO'ed him later if it was an early stoppage. TJ was not recovering from that. Once a sore loser always a sore loser.

It’s an understandable stoppage (ignoring context) but not a satisfying one. Tj was clearly still in it, still defending, and still moving. He was not given an opportunity to fight his way through adversity, 30 seconds into the fight. So yeah, bad stoppage overall. Ref has to have some fuckin sense.

15 more seconds???

So it could have ended like Drago vs Creed?

1. I believe it was an early stoppage, much more considering it was at 125 lbs and knowing how good is TJ and how many tools he has to resist that kind of scenario.

2. But TJ's reaction just after the stoppage gives me some doubt. I mean, we've seen other opportunities when, just after the early stoppage, the "loser" starts complaining like crazy. TJ could say everything he wants in the presser, after an hour and a good shower, but just after the stoppage he didn't complained as i'd expect from a guy in that situation. Maybe he was just dized.

3. Although Cejudo could've won that fight in several ways, i believe TJ was able to keep fighting at that point.

4. That fight needed 15 more seconds. That stoppage is not good for TJ, as he'll always complain about it, and for Cejudo, who maybe deserved to enjoy his great win without having this kind of debates.
I wouldn’t have thoroughly enjoyed cejudo sleeping the snake completely but this wasn’t as bad a stoppage as people are making it out to be. Snake always whines after every loss. Nothing new here

Im sure TJs wife gave him no sexy time as well after her man got brutalized by a Manlet. Rough situation.

I was expecting to wake up to TJ arrested for assault on some random im sure he wanted to absolutely kill someone.

I get it in terms of oh he was grabbing a leg like every other fighter who was doomed but he was actually scrambling and grabbing a leg.

He wasn't just hunched over hand on a leg clearly barely unconscious. He was spinning, scrambling, switching his grip. Sure he was eating alot of short punches but that didn't effect his ability to keep scrambling much at all.

The guy has a lot of haters and people wanted to see him finished they will take any kind of finish they can get.

Dissatisfying stoppage in my opinion. Cejudo could have KOd him seconds later or dominated him to a decision I don't care who won i was just looking forward to the fight.

agreed 10-15 more seconds. I'd like to see them fight at 135.

Back