Why Khabib is the champ that McGregor will never be

Diogenes of Sinope

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

He actually cares about the sanctity of the sport and fairness to their fighters

Both are champs and legends of the sport
Haters can only hate.

That sentiment is hilarious. The UFC is a business. They're supposed to keep entire divisions open because guys need money? That isn't how life works. If the fan support is there, the division will live on. Personally, I'm indifferent to it. Take it or leave it.

Conor has said something similar about FLWs...

That sentiment is hilarious. The UFC is a business. They're supposed to keep entire divisions open because guys need money? That isn't how life works. If the fan support is there, the division will live on. Personally, I'm indifferent to it. Take it or leave it.

Then don't book Flyweights to be the main event unless it's a Fight Night card or something. Most fighters are not "draws", they're there to make up the sanctity of the sport, so the argument that something needs to be vanquished because it isn't moving numbers isn't a very compelling one.

Flyweights could always do some pushups if they need money.

So we're lavishing champion accolades on a guy with exactly ONE title defense, are we? I'll take a wait and see attitude...could care less about what he does outside the octagon, and all the stated intentions in the world are just talk. Fights are what make a champ, and he may or may not end up proving to be a good one...time will tell.

I like Khabib, but that means basically nothing. Words are cheap.

It's easy to say those things when you aren't the one writing the check.

Why Khabib will never be the double champ McGregor is.

Kebob has one belt in one division.

See, TS? I can make dumbass comments too.

On a separate note I find it pathetic how Conor-haters repeatedly, and unnecessarily, bring up Conor in almost every thread to discredit him. Sad.

So we're lavishing champion accolades on a guy with exactly ONE title defense, are we? I'll take a wait and see attitude...could care less about what he does outside the octagon, and all the stated intentions in the world are just talk. Fights are what make a champ, and he may or may not end up proving to be a good one...time will tell.

Remember the good old days when guys like BJ, Aldo, GSP, and Anderson used to defend their belts?

the strange thing is that Khabib represents really devout muslim from Dagestan but Conor dont represent typical irishman.

irish are good people (generally) humble and respectful, conor is opposite

He actually cares about the sanctity of the sport and fairness to their fighters

It’s great but this whole save the flighweight division, they have family’s to feed degrades the division more. MM was a fucking awesome fighter , has one of the best highlight reel submissions ever. Current champ is a beast with GOLD medal credentials, not forth place bronze but GOLD.

People with high profile names in the business like khabib would help the division by posting ‘can’t wait to see this fight’ ‘good job’ would like to see a match with such and such.

Wana save the division? Talk about the division praise the division don’t just talk about saving the division

Mcgregor literally tried to get all the flyweights employed

Also your silly if you think that was actually khabib tweeting

What kind of champion supports dictatorships and monarchies?

Dude, they opened an entire division because ronda fucked dana. What are you talking about.

Dude, they opened an entire division because ronda fucked dana. What are you talking about.

I'm not discussing that. I'm simply saying that businesses don't operate in order to employ people for the mere sake of.charity, as Khabib is implying the UFC ought to be doing, in his post.

Back