If McGregor beats Cerrone that shouldn't warrant a title shot

tonyDaTiger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cerrone won in an impressive performance... against #11 ranked opponent. His victory over Mike Perry was at 170.

Conor should fight Iaquinta if he wants a title shot

F**k leg-humping Lhabib, McGregor is the true champion at 155.

F**k leg-humping Lhabib, McGregor is the true champion at 155.
1Gtyo0W.gif

If Khabib fights Ferguson first maybe it would be acceptable. It would be bullshit but if there are nobody extremely deserving ready to fight then I wouldnt care too much. The UFC does weirder and worse things pretty often

Edit:
I agree that it SHOULD not warrant a title fight.

Tony deserves the fight. If he is healthy and passed over, I won’t buy.
I’d rather see Connor and raging al than Cerrone but I’m fine with Donald getting big payday, he deserves it more than anyone in UFC.

I'd like to see Conor go on a bit of a run, maybe fight a wrestler aftrt fighting Cowboy

Not even a knock down and literally only landed because of his wrestling game. The overhand is the best strike in a wrestler's arsenal, because guy's drop their hands anticipating a take down.

Conor got smashed in that fight, but don't try to imply Khabib is even in the same realm in the striking department.

Cerrone won in an impressive performance... against #11 ranked opponent. His victory over Mike Perry was at 170.

You’re right but considering I expected the UFC to give him an immediate rematch for no fucking reason I’ll gladly take him having a fight with just about anyone else, if it means Khabib fights Tony

Conor is a top 3 at Lw and Cerrone is a perennial contender. If Conor beat him he absolutely gets the title shot. He doesn’t even need to beat him to get it, honestly.

Yea I agree...

Conor would be taking the easier path by facing an aging Cowboy.

He’d try to win that and immediately say he deserves a title shot. lol

Truth is Conor gets what Conor wants

Its shit but it's true lads

Khabib won the belt fighting the #11 guy.

Not even a knock down and literally only landed because of his wrestling game. The overhand is the best strike in a wrestler's arsenal, because guy's drop their hands anticipating a take down.

Conor got smashed in that fight, but don't try to imply Khabib is even in the same realm in the striking department.
One man got dropped, the other didn't. Pretty safe to say Khabib is the more superior striker

If he wants to prove himself worthy of beating Khabib he should fight Kevin Lee. Both are coming off a loss. He beats a wrestler like Kevin Lee, then he has a claim at a rematch

Khabib won the belt fighting the #11 guy.
Well in fairness Tony was the interim champion and original opponent... and tripped on a wire. Conor hadn't defended in 16 months by that point.

Look at who has beaten Cerrone.
It's only Leon Edwards who hasn't either won a title or fought for one in Strikeforce, the WEC or the UFC.

Beating Cerrone is good enough to get a title shot, that's what he's gate keeping now.

TameImpossibleGrayling-size_restricted.gif

For the amount of times I’ve seen this GIF posted, you’d think It was the first time in history that a punch was thrown that landed and stunned someone.

It's almost as if this is MIXED martial arts and not boxing.

Back