Henry Cejudo is the Best Athlete in UFC

YOLOGOGOPLATA

4x Champ Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Say what you will about, Yoel Romero or Jon Jones - and I'll be honest, before last night I had TJ Dillashaw as the 3rd best athlete in the organization. I think it has to be Henry & Yoel 1 and 2. I've been saying it for a while and I always get hated on for it, but winning an Olympic medal is WAY harder than winning a UFC title, and there is a reason that the best athletes in UFC are elite olympians (and one is over 40).

I know some of you will refuse to crown a flyweight as the best athlete in MMA, so tell me who is a better athlete, relative to their class?

And what are the criteria you use to define the best athlete?

If it's the colour of your Olympic medal and being a UFC champion then yes but if you're competing against 125 lb men then you're competing against a lot fewer people than you are at other weights as only a small proportion of the population are that size.

And what are the criteria you use to define the best athlete?

If it's the colour of your Olympic medal and being a UFC champion then yes but if you're competing against 125 lb men then you're competing against a lot fewer people than you are at other weights as only a small proportion of the population are that size.
I hear you, I just think he's far and away the most athletic guy at that weight, and I choose to overlook the lack of people who are that weight. Almost all the elite athletes at 125 are going to be wrestlers anyways, and he smoked them all - and continues to do so.

Nah let's see how he does over the next few years before making that claim. It's much easier to look good in a fight that lasts 30 seconds than it is to look good in a fight that goes the distance.

WTF is that athlete sh.t...You need skills,cardio and heart to compete in MMA thats all...
Here is the best athlete and I have no doubt he would fail so bad in MMA
129796-004-962EB1AA.jpg

Nah let's see how he does over the next few years before making that claim. It's much easier to look good in a fight that lasts 30 seconds than it is to look good in a fight that goes the distance.
but he did that his last fight too. Against someone many (ok, some) considered the GOAT

Henry Cejudo is the kind of champion that stops at red lights in GTA.

Never saw that fight but heard Cejudo basically just hugged him, is that true or was it an impressive performance?
a little of both, he didn't do a lot of damage with his take downs, but they were even on the feet - no small accomplishment (no pun intended) vs. Mighty Mouse. I had Cejudo winning 3-2 for what it's worth.

IMO athletes start from 145 pounds

Best Athlete ? Romero by a mile

I hear you, I just think he's far and away the most athletic guy at that weight, and I choose to overlook the lack of people who are that weight. Almost all the elite athletes at 125 are going to be wrestlers anyways, and he smoked them all - and continues to do so.
Yeah you aren't going to see a lot of 125 lbers playing the major sports if at all. Soccer maybe, so the talent pool is actually pretty deep, which is why the LWs seem to always be stacked. These top guys just can't make it in the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, etc so there is a larger percentage of them available to fight in MMA. Compare them to the LHW, and HW division and many of those top humans, grew up playing the major sports and competing in them because the pay is way so much better.

at 125lbs you'll never be the "best athlete" …. let him rematch TJ at 135lbs, if he dominates him the same way, then we can talk. But winning by early stoppage doesn't constitute anyone as the "best athlete"

Professor Steiner breaks it down.

Back