Who at 155 beats Gillespie?

Reach4theSky

Playin' a riddim
@Gold
Reaction score
Super impressed with this guy. Top notch wrestling and is tough as nails..

Khabib and possibly Ferguson are the only two I would favor over him. I think hes number 3 in the division right now...

Thoughts..

Kevin Lee got a pretty good chance
Al
Dustin
Gaycheese

At this rate, probably himself. He's only getting older, while refusing to call out anybody from the top 10.

He's had like 5 fights now? Meanwhile Hernandez fights Cowboy in his 3rd UFC fight. Point being that Gregor needs to talk more for his own sake. I really want to see him fight top competition now.

Screenshot_20190120-133739_Chrome.jpg
In all honesty, I only see him beating Vick and maybe Barboza, if he can get a lock on him. I'm discounting Pettis as he's moving to 170. He's talented for sure, but LW is a shark tank. Him vs Hooker is the fight to make imo.

Feed him to Khabib's weird ass cousin.

At this rate, probably himself. He's only getting older, while refusing to call out anybody from the top 10.

He's had like 5 fights now? Meanwhile Hernandez fights Cowboy in his 3rd UFC fight. Point being that Gregor needs to talk more for his own sake. I really want to see him fight top competition now.
For real..

Imagine what he'd do to Conor.
Conor would be a lunatic to even consider fighting this lad.

How do you know he is tough as nails. He dry humps for a living

I hope they let him do the slow move up like he wants. In a year or two with more training and experience he can easily be champ.

In all honesty, I only see him beating Vick and maybe Barboza, if he can get a lock on him. I'm discounting Pettis as he's moving to 170. He's talented for sure, but LW is a shark tank. Him vs Hooker is the fight to make imo.
He would wrestlefuck Nate Diaz like he owes him money.

Imagine what he'd do to Conor.
Conor would be a lunatic to even consider fighting this lad.
He'd do fookin nuttin'.

Gregor has talent, but hasn't faced any paticularly good strikers yet. 155 Yancy is a decent win, but not anything to harp on about.

Super impressed with this guy. Top notch wrestling and is tough as nails..

Khabib and possibly Ferguson are the only two I would favor over him. I think hes number 3 in the division right now...

Thoughts..
I think you nailed it. I would add Poirier in there, but if Gillespie keeps improving at this rate he will surpass Dustin too.

He would wrestlefuck Nate Diaz like he owes him money.
Disagree. It's a matter of opinion of course, but I think Nate is too tall and too experienced to get handled like that at this stage in Gregor's career. Gregor is a fantastic wrestler, but isn't as rounded as an RDA for example. Nate has the boxing and BJJ to win that fight imo.

Cerrone, Khabib, Tony, Edson, Lee, Mcgregor, Iaquinta, Poirier...
View attachment 508555
Kevin Lee got a pretty good chance
Al
Dustin
Gaycheese
IMO he wrestlefuks all those guys outside of Khabib. His wrestling is that good. He's also relentless like Khabib..

Time will tell, but one thing for sure he's going to be hard to beat..

He is predictable, elite wrestling yeah but how good is his striking? We dont know yet

He's awesome but lets hold the horses a bit. Lee, Khabib, Ferguson, Poirier, would all be really tough fights for him. I could even see Cowboy putting him away, Gregor is very aggressive and sometimes get a little reckless, Cerrone only needs one opening. However, Gillespie could well beat all of those guys too, possibly Khabib aside. But we'll see.

Back