Cejudo has a case for the greatest back to back wins in MMA history

Touch of Death

Free @Soul On Ice
@Brown
Reaction score
Beating Mighty Mouse and TJ back to back is very impressive.

Two of the top 10 best P4P fighters.

The DJ fight was close but you could make a case Henry won and to demolish TJ like that is very impressive.

What are some other impressive back to back wins in MMA?

Rampage beating Chuck and Hendo.

Forrest beating Shogun and Rampage.

Conor beating Mendes and Aldo.

I honestly think that this is the greatest back to back win in MMA history too. DJ was considered pretty much unbeatable and Dillashaw was a legit highly touted undisputed champ. Incredibly impressive and very surprising to me.

Cejudo is in Goat contention now when you look at this plus his past achievements. If he goes to 135 and beats TJ again it cements his status as a high ranking Goat

The DJ fight was close but you could make a case Henry won and to demolish TJ like that is very impressive.

Lets be honest here. Did he really beat mighty mouse. I dont think so.

He’s done some pretty amazing stuff, and his first title defense has got to be one of the toughest in the history of the sport.

Also, turning TJ to a pillar of salt is straight god-level status...

Lets be honest here. Did he really beat mighty mouse. I dont think so.

Well it's close enough that it's hard to tell and did so while injured so I think it's safe to say he won. That's excluding the fact that the judges scored it for Cejudo.

If he'd beaten Mighty Mouse in a more one sided fashion you might have an argument.

Bisping beating Silva then rockhold was pretty impressive, at the time.

Not sure I can count tj at 125 as a great win but if Cejudo moves to 135 and beats him there ... then we’re talking greatness

Well it's close enough that it's hard to tell and did so while injured so I think it's safe to say he won. That's excluding the fact that the judges scored it for Cejudo.

Check Henry’s record and then check DJ’s record, *pretty sure”* the winner of that fight is the same on both. If you’re still confused as to who won I can educate you further

** Hint**Usually it’s the guy who gets their hand raised

You're probably right. Although his MM "win" wasn't really dominant at all.

GSP beat BJ and Hughes back to back. Once again though the BJ win was dubious.

Yeah I cant think of any this impressive.

Hes pretty much the FW and BW champ.

Henry is by far the most improved fighter I have seen. 2 years ago he got destroyed by MM, now he just destroyed Dillashaw......crazy.

Those Olympic level wrestlers are something else.

Literally hadn't thought about it like that.

Great call.

And Henry's post fight interview was classy as fuck. Made a new fan here.

Weidman beat Anderson Silva and Anderson Silva back to back. Easily better than beating two midgets back to back.

Wand vs SAKU G. & Hendo

Great wins no doubt.

But imo he lost the DJ fight. And TJ looked like he was going to die making the weight. A draining cut like that can really hurt your ability to take damage.

Should he beat him at 135 than that would a whole different story.

But TJ should have never went down imo.

Cejudo has implemented himself as the second best FLW though. DJ is way ahead though still.

I also felt he deserved the nod versus Benavidez. He’s built a terrific resume in a short period of time.

Gotta agree regarding MM. Cejudo did *just* enough to win; but the loss didn't take anything from MM or his legacy. And, honestly, you'd expect the belt to defer to the champ if nothing of significance happens during the fight.. Cejudo beats Demetrious decisively? == he is in GOAT country.

Back