Do you think Mighty Mouse is kicking himself for ducking TJ?

IGotAHugePeckah

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Shamelessly ducking TJ was, IMO, the nail in the coffin for MM because he lost a ton of credibility in the eyes of the fans and the organization. Ducking a tough challenge to fight an opponent no one cares about just so you can get an easy way to break a record goes against what MMA stands for, and I think MM's stock plummeted afterwards.

Now you have a guy in Cejudo who could have taken the easy way like MM did, but he chose to step up to the plate and give fans an interesting fight, and he wipes the floor with TJ in 30 seconds.

I wonder if MM is kicking himself and wishes he could have man'd up and taken the challenge. Fortune favours the bold!

It was for sure one of the first things to cross my mind in the immediate aftermath

Not at all.

Getting paid more to work with a good mate, beats getting paid less to work for a child who hated you.

Shamelessly ducking TJ was, IMO, the nail in the coffin for MM because he lost a ton of credibility in the eyes of the fans and the organization. Ducking a tough challenge to fight an opponent no one cares about just so you can get an easy way to break a record goes against what MMA stands for, and I think MM's stock plummeted afterwards.

Now you have a guy in Cejudo who could have taken the easy way like MM did, but he chose to step up to the plate and give fans an interesting fight, and he wipes the floor with TJ in 30 seconds.

I wonder if MM is kicking himself and wishes he could have man'd up and taken the challenge. Fortune favours the bold!
Not really. Dillasnake lost due to one of those rarish punches behind the ear that can discombobulate. Same thing happened to cain vs jds. Its kinda a lucky punch and the fight was stopped prematurely imo.

He gets to not work for a company that never respected him, and is now working for a company that is over-the-moon to have him, pays him well, and wants to build around him...... yeah he must be really upset.

I guess he might be mad he has to be watched all across Asian TVs and Internet rather than ESPN+.... which surely went out to a billion people :/

Its a business, if ONE is paying him more (esp with the esports tie in) then he probably regrets nothing, he did the right thing for him and his family. These guys dont make decisions based on what an internet forum thinks they should do.

Fuck off with all these threads trying To shit on MM.
He happily left the UFC. What does he have to feel bad for? He joined a company that actually respects his talents.

You can’t duck someone who’s not in your division
He fought the contenders

DJ is now probably making more money than either TJ or Cejudo.

And he will make more than Cejudo would get for a rematch at 135 against TJ.

And he is now in a organization that really treats him a lot better.

I bet he is devastated. Also Asian fans will likely treat him a lot better than Amercans too.

DJ has like 12 title defenses, beat henry convincingly in his first fight and lost the second fight to a close decision and is now making bank in asia, where he can be appreciated for being a skilled marital artist, rather than acting like a doofus like Covington/Mcgregor.

Yeah, i'm sure all he can think about is how TJ got robbed by the judge.

I doubt DJ cares. He seems he’s just about the money at this stage. I don’t blame him. But yes, on the evidence of last night, DJ would have obliterated TJ at 125lbs.

I doubt Dana would have let it happen at 125. In any case MM is 1-1 with Cejudo (the man who just beat TJ) and the loss being one that divided fans, so he gets respect either way.

Mighty Mouse is a beast but he doesn't have Cejudo's punching power, so the fight would've played out differently.

He didn't duck anybody, just wanted to make bank. Also was like 14-2 at BW but yeah, keep shitting on one of the best ever.

I doubt it people aren't giving Henry the respect he deserves for winning the fight anyways. His post fight press conference was full of disrespect it's embarrassing to even watch

~DaViD~

i highly doubt it. i genuinely think MM, expected him to lose fighting Benvidez for a title eliminator. and he very well might have.

i don't think MM's crusade out of the UFC had as much to do with being scared of anything, but being demoralized by the way the UFC didn't want to promote him anymore if he didn't take fights up-weight.

there were some interesting numbers reports on the success of Jones fighting OSP compared with that of Jones fighting Gustaffson which seem to validate how much promotion and advertising, the actual job of the UFC, has an impact on the results of event success and talent marketability.

Probably gets paid more his first fight than he would have vs TJ and is already and always will be the 125 goat

The exact same could be said for GSP, yet his stock still seems to be inflated by sherturds standards. GSP ducked Silva for many a years and only went up to MW to fight the weakest champ that has been at MW in a long time in Bisping .

Back