1 simple rule to an early stoppage

Zabit 145 Goat

Who iz nyext?
Banned
Reaction score
If we are uncertain whether a fighter would get TKOd then it is an early stoppage.

If we are certain that they would get TKOd then it is a good stoppage.

TJ just ate like 3 big shots from Henry and he was about to get slept on the ground sooner or later. Had the ref let it keep going, TJ would of been out before he could ever get back to his feet.

Its that simple. Good stoppage.
Snake's head clean off

If we are uncertain whether a fighter would get TKOd then it is an early stoppage.

Huh?

Maybe I've had one too many beers, but I read that twice and have no idea what tf you're talking about..

Thread title said "simple".

TJ sack hangers wouldnt have seen a clean stoppage unless their hero was getting blasted with CTE shots and unconscious

Last edited by a moderator:

TJ just ate like 3 big shots from Henry and he was about to get slept on the ground sooner or later. Had the ref let it keep going, TJ would of been out before he could ever get back to his feet.

Snake's head clean off
Problem is you're still making a call without a clear outcome. There was a good chance Henry would've still won but not without doubt. Refs should give them more time both to see the absolute outcome or at least let us watch the loser get humbled some more.

I’m cowhat am I reading? Someone able to translate?

Problem is you're still making a call without a clear outcome. There was a good chance Henry would've still won but not without doubt. Refs should give them more time both to see the absolute outcome or at least let us watch the loser get humbled some more.

When I was watching it, I felt it should be stopped
But when TJ got up ASAP, I saw he could have fought more

its tough because you don't want a fighter to get brain damage

I can't call the decision a bad one

He was done dude.

Weird one here. TJ was scrambling attempting for a better position then its gets stopped.

Not shitty stoppage, but it was little bit too early.

watch it in slo mo, TJ was basically flash KOed on the way down then woke up, started blindly reaching for a leg, then protested pretending he wasn't hurt when he realized the fight was stopped.Cody got back to his feet faster and with more balance in the first fight with TJ and nobody called that early.

TJ probably doesn't even remember how it went down and thats why he's so mad about it, the last thing he probably remembers is getting shoved off his feet by Cejudo then kicked in the face, after that he was eating shots and would've gotten a bad beating if they let the fight play out, its crazy that people think the stoppage being 5-10 seconds early means TJ would've won.

Snake's head clean off
Isn't it basically predicting the future?
I think we should base our facts on actual things, non-hypothetical, and simply take things as they are.

When I was watching it, I felt it should be stopped
But when TJ got up ASAP, I saw he could have fought more

its tough because you don't want a fighter to get brain damage

I can't call the decision a bad one

A fighter gets rocked...

it is certain he will get finished if fight continues = good stoppage

it is uncertain he will get finished = bad stoppage

Isn't it basically predicting the future?
I think we should base our facts on actual things, non-hypothetical, and simply take things as they are.

You're right , I completely agree.
The problem is that a judgment has to be made one way or another.

I believe TJ would have gone unconscious due to repeated strikes via GNP within the next 10 seconds or less. To me, it was evident. Now as a referee, do you wait until he eats a shot that sleeps him ? Is that the final deciding factor for a stoppage?

That's your opinion. There should be no opinions, just a clear (as possible) finish.

You're right. But it's always an opinion unless he's basically unconscious. Is that what you have to see to be certain?

You're right , I completely agree.
The problem is that a judgment has to be made one way or another.

I believe TJ would have gone unconscious due to repeated strikes via GNP within the next 10 seconds or less. To me, it was evident. Now as a referee, do you wait until he eats a shot that sleeps him ? Is that the final deciding factor for a stoppage?

Its tough
That next blow could be a blow that permanently hurts him/her
In cases like this, a ref's job is hard

If we go by the "Ref's number one priority is to protect the fighter" than I agree with the call

Its tough
That next blow could be a blow that permanently hurts him/her
In cases like this, a ref's job is hard

If we go by the "Ref's number one priority is to protect the fighter" than I agree with the call
Yeah man.
Those last shots are so crucial.

Snake's head clean off

e3KcfFp.gif

I think the ref could use a standing 8 count rule in those situations, TJ would be deducted a point and if he could continue the ref resumes the action. So many fights are ruined by the ref panicking or seeing something that is only reality for the briefest of moments but ultimately ends up being the final verdict.

I've never understood why ref decisions are always irreversible, you don't see that shit in other sports anymore.

After having seen Barry vs Kongo, you will never be actually certain of an outcome; just as certain as you hope you can be. Dillashaw could have always just counter punched and gotten a takedown... lol. Talkin' as if he had no choice in the matter. "I was never given a chance." Stfu, the entire fight was a chance, you blew it by not being able to stop the forward pressure.

Back