TJ seems desperate to run it back at 125?

digitalman45

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Is this because he knows he won't be able to make 125 again in the future? Or is he afraid of putting his 135 belt on the line?

He doesn't want to put his money where his mouth is. If he was so confident that he would easily win a rematch he would take it at 125. The ball is in Cejudos court now.

Is this because he knows he won't be able to make 125 again in the future? Or is he afraid of putting his 135 belt on the line?

He hasn't wanted to defend his title since the second he won it back. It's pretty comical how he's gotten a pass for that on Sherdog when other champions not defending causes a riot.

imagine the trauma if he loses at 135. dude was gonna cry at the presser

He'd be absolutely stupid to fight again at 125, and his team would be negligent to allow him to do that. They should have begged him to cancel the fight days ago.

He's entitled and is trying to take advantage of any favor Dana has with him right now.

He's a great fighter, even after the loss, but as a Champion who just lost to a Champion in the lower weight class, you must defend your Championship at your weight class next.

Plain and simple.

He hasn't wanted to defend his title since the second he won it back. It's pretty comical how he's gotten a pass for that on Sherdog when other champions not defending causes a riot.
It's been 5 months.

imagine the trauma if he loses at 135. dude was gonna cry at the presser
I feel bad, you could tell he put in a ton of work to make 125. It's weird seeing him so emotional, he's usually really composed.

He wants to get that belt, then immediately challenge Holloway to be the first champ-champ-champ.

He gets a pass because he fought all the contenders in 2017 while Cody and Dom fought.

TJ seems desperate to run it back at 125? Is this because he knows he won't be able to make 125 again in the future?

uhm?

Uh, obviously because you can't be a double champ by winning a title fight in a weight class that you are already the champion of.

I feel bad, you could tell he put in a ton of work to make 125. It's weird seeing him so emotional, he's usually really composed.
It’s because he wasn’t finished that was a terrible stoppage. I was going for Henri but that stoppage was not how a champion should be treated. Maybe a fighter with a few fights, But he was scrambling and seemed fine.

He probably wants to just hover at that weight and get an immediate instead of taking a BW fight in the interim. Making 125 has to be hell for him, making 125 after going back up to his normal walk around weight would be even worse.

Shitty stoppage. Ask Mirg in that Glover fight. Comparatively TJ would've gotten KO'ed 10 times.

Everybody wants to be champ-champ now. Blame Dana for encouraging this behavior.

This is going to be the new standard for future Goats, and I think it's a joke, don't agree at all.

Back