Who's next for Gregor Gillespie

EmbraceTheGrind

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think he had the most impressive performance of the night outside of the main. He's a suffocating , relentless chain wrestler with absurd speed and cardio and nasty guard passes and riding skills. I'd like to see him against someone with stronger hips like Trinaldo or maybe even Al.

A fishing trip, apparently.

Dustin poerier or gaethje(this retarded never use his wrestling he just keeps fighting like a dumbass taking shots )

Give him someone who can actually grapple. I'm tired of seeing him in easy stylistic match ups.

They have him, Kevin Lee, Gaethje, Tony and Khabib - guys with awesome groundgame and wrestling - yet none of these match ups get made. I wanna see a legit wrestler vs a legit wrestler finally. Stop ruining fights where strikers just blanketed.
Fair enough, but sometimes some wrestler v wrestler fights suck and it just turns into an underhook-fest against the fence. As long as he's facing a better opponent with better TDD/hips and can counter better I'll be happy. Al might not be an elite defensive wrestler but he's solid there. I think Gregor vs TFerg would be boring. I could see Lee gassing out after the first round. Gaethje vs Gregor would be tough as hell for Gregor, Gaethje is very hard to takedown and is nasty in the clinch so idk if Gregor presses for bodylock. Trinaldo and Al for me IMO.

I think he had the most impressive performance of the night outside of the main. He's a suffocating , relentless chain wrestler with absurd speed and cardio and nasty guard passes and riding skills. I'd like to see him against someone with stronger hips like Trinaldo or maybe even Al.

I like the sounds of Gillespie vs AI!

he made yancy look pretty silly on the ground, looked like an early koscheck fight for a while there. as long as he has the GnP to finish a good bit of the time, it's all good. otherwise there's some serious blanket potential there.

poirier seems to make a lot of sense... so that wont happen lol

Feed this guy to Islam Makhachev or Kevin Lee and give him his walking papers.

I have no interest watching this boring blanket fight again.

<JonesDXSuckIt>

I came to say Kevin Lee and I see people agree.

Lee v. Gillespie. Make it happen.

They have him, Kevin Lee, Gaethje, Tony and Khabib - guys with awesome groundgame and wrestling - yet none of these match ups get made. I wanna see a legit wrestler vs a legit wrestler finally. Stop ruining fights where strikers just get blanketed by these guys (minus Gathje, he's destined for Valhalla).
Tbh, Gaethje is a nightmare matchup for the majority of grapplers. Lee, Gillespie, possibly even Khabib..

Top 10 next. Very high work rate, zaps your energy from opening bell to end non-stop

I came to say Kevin Lee and I see people agree.
True I just think that turns into an underhook fest with Lee gassing out lol. Not many LWs who can wrestle, it might be the weakest wrestling division overall.

Back