Was it an early stoppage?

Was the stoppage on TJ early or not?

• Total voters

Rygu

R.I.P. Obie
@Gold
Reaction score
What do you think? His legs buckled 2 maybe 3 times in like 10 seconds, he wasn't coming back from that imo.

Yea a bit early. TJ is a champ, give him more time.

it's a champ fight, should have let it go longer..

Yup
Tj was in the process of going for a single when ref stepped in.
Too me thats early and a bad stoppage

Too early to vote, I have mixed feelings about it

TJ was falling forward while Henry stopped punching because of ref. If ref didn't step in, Henry would've just kept pounding TJ's skull in. It's great to see a double champ attempt backfire.

Anything less than a beheading is an early stoppage!

Thanks for the $288 Henry!

For a fight of that magnitude they should always alllow it to be clear.

Sure, it's early.

The real story though is Cejudo landing every single punch after the knockdown. It could have gone on a bit longer but I highly doubt TJ would have recovered. Cejudo was just laser focussed and on point with his punches . Incredible .

Don't think it was that bad.

He was getting wrecked and falling all over the place and then was eating flush big shots after.

yeah it looked like a lot of the final shots didnt land. He was just already rocked and off balance. Either way it wasnt a robbery just a bit early

The ref should of let Henry really Knock him out cold.

Yes. He was actively attempting to better his position. Jesus don’t make the ESPN era into MMApussy era

I voted no because I don't want to see TJ fall off like Chuck. He could have taken more damage and kept going but I don't think he would have come back from that. It was a good stoppage.

It was early. TJ was recovering when the ref stopped it.

...But I think Cejudo would've eventually won. The ref just prevented more damage imo.

Championship fight, let the sequence play out. Only 3-4 punches landed flush. Bad stoppage

Back