Let's be real: The Ref saved/early stopped Hernandez from Cerrone because the fight was on ESPN

brackis1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No doubt in my mind that could have gone on for another minute of beating. Hernandez was actually trying to scramble for the legs/hips. I could tell Cerrone wanted to inflict maximum damage on the kid. But it was 5 minutes before their allotted time for the broadcast and it was gonna get bloody.

to be clear, I was rooting for Cowboy and wanted to watch him smack Hernandez around more

edit: Medeiros - Gillespie stoppage also a total joke for the sake for the broadcast

Last edited:
let's be real...the ref did his job and prevented the kid from taking unnecessary damage in a fight that was for all intents and purposes OVER.

excellent stoppage.

Wasteland.

And the fight would've been The same outcome. Hernandez was done. Didn't even complain. Didn't even make it to the official decision.

Hernandez will be eating a giant bowl of crow soup tonight. Cowboy took him to school.

giphy.gif

Good stoppage. Ref gave him a chance to show something but he ate a handful of clean gnp shots and was done.

I was hoping the ref would let him keep smashing the guys face in.. was hoping he would retire him tonight.

Looked like he went out for a second. Good stoppage but I wouldn’t have minded seeing Cowboy smash him a few more times.

If that went for any longer cerrone would of punched a hole through hernandez's face

Yeah, he should have sopped it a few seconds earlier. Alex was trying to move but he was just eating a lot of shots

Looked like he went out for a second. Good stoppage but I wouldn’t have minded seeing Cowboy smash him a few more times.
Wait what? Even people who think it was a good stoppage won't say he was "out" lol

Unlucky timing. The ref thought it should have been stopped (so did I) and was moving in when Herny finally went for his legs/hips but before that looked like he was going out.

Wait what? Even people who think it was a good stoppage won't say he was "out" lol

You couldn’t see his face but his arms up taking punches without blocking leads me to think he went out.

Watch again. Was only for a second and was right when the ref stepped in. Wonder if he thought the same thing...

Someone had to stop him from getting CTE from knees to the head.

Hercandez took like 3 or 4 flush gnp shots without defending. Easy stoppage

Back