Conor's next fight will be (?)

CPH

street lethal
@Gold
Reaction score
There was talk of Poirier, but as far as I know, that has fizzled out and I haven't heard anything new.

So I was just thinking about this from Dana's perspective. What I expect his criteria to be:

1 - needs to propel Conor into title shot asap
2 - should be winnable for him

3 - should be against and opponent that rebuilds Conor's image/generates genuine belief and anticipation for the rematch

This third on is much less important than the first two, but still, could be critical in the matchmaking.

Who in the LW top 10 has a game that is most similar to Khabib's, and would therefore be the perfect opponent?

Kevin-Lee-UFC-211-backstage.jpg

Now personally, I don't endorse this at all. Conor should have to go through Al or Tony before getting to Khabib ...at the very least. I just think that this is the fight that would satisfy all of the criteria, as well as Conor himself.

Is this the obvious choice or am I missing something?

There was talk of Poirier, but as far as I know, that has fizzled out and I haven't heard anything new.

So I was just thinking about this from Dana's perspective. What I expect his criteria to be:

1 - needs to propel Conor into title shot asap
2 - should be winnable for him

3 - should be against and opponent that rebuilds Conor's image/generates genuine belief and anticipation for the rematch

This third on is much less important than the first two, but still, could be critical in the matchmaking.

Who in the LW top 10 has a game that is most similar to Khabib's, and would therefore be the perfect opponent?

Kevin-Lee-UFC-211-backstage.jpg

Now personally, I don't endorse this at all. Conor should have to go through Al or Tony before getting to Khabib ...at the very least. I just think that this is the fight that would satisfy all of the criteria, as well as Conor himself.

Is this the obvious choice or am I missing something?

Inmate in a cell

In the court room; like GG fuck his shit up

Conor vs Dustin winner gets title shot vs Tony and Khabib winner is what should happen. Al can wait or fight the winner of Barboza and Justin

It'll either be Khabib or Tony. Max Holloway (at LW) is a distant third possibility.

People thinking he's gonna fight someone lower down than one of those men are kidding themselves.

He needs to fight Al.

Al has superstar potential IMO. So it's a win win regardless of the result.

Conor either gets a much needed win over a true contender or Al wins and becomes huge.

hes in a tough spot honestly. He could probably still do Diaz 3. thats the only winnable huge fight for him, even thats not a lock. The truth is...hes pretty much already got all the low hanging fruit. At 155 all the big name fights he will probably lose. I suspect his next fight might just be against khabib. He could probably make enough money off that rematch that he can retire. If he doesnt try to cash out i suspect he trys to fight someone like Cowboy but even cowboy might get smoked tonight and not be relevant lol.

ragin Al- would smoke him
Kevin lee- not to proud to take him down and gas him. Conor gets tapped
Furg- He could KO furg because hes hittable but more than likley furg takes his soul.
Porier isnt really a big fight
Cowboy isnt really a big fight plus i think hes going to lose tonight
Diaz is a huge fight and a winnable fight
Khabib- would be a career sacrifice and he would be set forever.
Max at 145 would beat the piss out of conor after that weight cut at this point.
He cant outbox Pauli because he doesnt have the cardio or power in those huge gloves.

What else can he really do? Hes already said hes here to get rich and get out. Hes done that and set his legacy, like it or not. But IMO, hes done.

Al Iaquinta, thank me later

Al is a close 2nd choice, but as I see it:

A) he is not as winnable a fight as Lee (Dana might have an issue with that)
B) beating him will not do as good a job of convincing casuals that Conor can compete with an elite wrestler

Conor vs Dustin winner gets title shot vs Tony and Khabib winner is what should happen. Al can wait or fight the winner of Barboza and Justin

Is Conor/Dustin still talked about at this point? I thought it was 100% rumor.

Is Conor/Dustin still talked about at this point? I thought it was 100% rumor.
Idk if it is still being talked bout but it would be prolly his easiest matchup in the top of the LW to get him a win and another title shot

Just do the Nate Diaz fight for crying out loud! This fight accomplishes all of the thing TS listed! Its a fan friendly fight that everyone can get behind! JUST MAKE THE FIGHT DANA!!!!

with the irish equivalent of a district attorney by the looks of it...

Idk if it is still being talked bout but it would be prolly his easiest matchup in the top of the LW to get him a win and another title shot

Winning is not everything though. Dustin is nothing like Khabib - not in caliber and not even in style. Having an opponent who can wrestle would go a long way in reanimating the hype.

Plus Conor has KOed him already, which makes the fight seem insignificant and undermines Dustin's credibility as an opponent.

Back