ESPN Delivering a Different Level of Promotion

Bubba32

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
This Event feels huge. It's been all over espn for days leading up to the fight. The website, espn radio, everything.

I didnt think this deal would be this dramatic but it's been very impressive. If they can build this much hype for manlets imagine what they can do when normal sized human beings are fighting.

Hmmm....watch it be a brilliant move for the UFC and ESPN. Who would have thought.

Just a push to get people to buy espn+ where they can shelf other sports that don't get good ratings

Hope it’s not just on this first card. But then I highly doubt the other espn+ cards will get as much shine especially those with less know fighters.

Hmmm....watch it be a brilliant move for the UFC and ESPN. Who would have thought.
pjULu.gif

It’s the first event, and it’s a big push to get subscribers for the + service.

Let me know if they treat the tenth event the same way.

Yea I'm pretty surprised how much they're pushing mma already, constant stories on their site and I've been seeing alo t of stuff on tv. Hopefully they maintain this

I guess ESPN is making a gamble here in hopes of bring in more viewership.

But I agree it was a good deal for the UFC. The Fox deal seemed rather half assed to me. Fox wanted to fill in a time slot more than anything.

Breaking News: a business promotes its new product and wants to make a lot of money off of it. How many millions was the deal for? I'm pretty sure they take that kind of money and deal seriously. What did you think would happen?

With football taking a dive because of kneeling ESPN is probably looking to make up for lost revenue.
NFL ratings have never been higher. Anthem stuff is 2017 news. The 2018 was the year with the most amount of points in a single season, which is great for ratings.

NFL ratings have never been higher. Anthem stuff is 2017 news. The 2018 was the year with the most amount of points in a single season, which is great for ratings.

Nba will take over the Nfl in the future!

Just a push to get people to buy espn+ where they can shelf other sports that don't get good ratings

Actually they are using the UFC to get people to actually buy ESPN+. Same as what Fox did with all those FS1 cards. Get people to check out a channel no one is watching.

This Event feels huge. It's been all over espn for days leading up to the fight. The website, espn radio, everything.

I didnt think this deal would be this dramatic but it's been very impressive. If they can build this much hype for manlets imagine what they can do when normal sized human beings are fighting.

tenor.gif

Hope it’s not just on this first card. But then I highly doubt the other espn+ cards will get as much shine especially those with less know fighters.

PoshWellgroomedBeauceron-small.gif

I get it. They bought the rights to air UFC. Where was the fucks given before they had a vested financial interest? I just answered my own question.

ESPN sucks.

Back