The Official Prediction Thread for UFC Fight Night: Cejudo vs. Dillashaw

ChaelSonnen

The American Gangster
@purple
Reaction score
Let's see your predictions for the fights tonight, sherbros!

The card is as follows:

Main Card (ESPN+)
Weight class
Method Round Time Notes
Flyweight Henry Cejudo (c) vs. T.J. Dillashaw (c - BW) [a]
Heavyweight Greg Hardy vs. Allen Crowder
Lightweight Gregor Gillespie vs. Yancy Medeiros
Flyweight Joseph Benavidez vs. Dustin Ortiz
Women's Flyweight Paige VanZant vs. Rachael Ostovich
Light Heavyweight Glover Teixeira vs. Karl Roberson
Preliminary Card (ESPN)
Lightweight Donald Cerrone vs. Alexander Hernandez
Women's Flyweight Joanne Calderwood vs. Ariane Lipski
Light Heavyweight Alonzo Menifield vs. Vinicius Moreira
Bantamweight Mario Bautista vs. Cory Sandhagen
Early Preliminary Card (ESPN+)
Lightweight Dennis Bermudez vs. Te Edwards
Welterweight Belal Muhammad vs. Geoff Neal
Welterweight Chance Rencountre vs. Kyle Stewart

Last edited:
My predictions:

55048-1554252.png

Get in here @Spath!

Gillespie is the lock of the night. I also think Cejudo is going to win..

Stewart by decision.
Neal KO in 2.
Bermudez by decision.
Sandhagen KO in 2.
Menifield KO in 1.
Lipski KO in 2.
Cerrone KO in 2.
Glover by decision.
PVZ by decision.
Benevidez by decision.
Gillespie sub in 2.
Hardy KO in 1.
Cejudo by decision.

Main
Dillashaw
Hardy
Medeiros
Benavidez
Ostovich
Roberson

Prelims
Hernandez
Lipski
Moreira
Bautista

Early Prelims
Edwards
Neal
Stewart

Dillashaw by TKO round 2 for me although I wouldn't rule out Cejudo catching him early with that straight counter.

Glover sub round 2
PVZ dec
Benavidez dec
Gillespie Sub round 2
Hardy round 1 Tko/ko
TJ Tko/ko round 3

They say nothing is impossible.... Unless your trying to predict the entire outcome of an MMA/UFC card. I've had far too many "lock" fights go up in smoke, then again that's why its so great to watch, you just never know.

come on cejudo didnt even win against mighty mouse. he has no chance . 0 chance.

Neal tko
Bermudez decision
Sandhagen tko
Menifield ko
Calderwood decision
Hernandez ko
Roberson submission
Ostovich RNC
Benavides decision
Gillespie submission
Hardy ko
Dillashaw tko

I’m not posting every prediction but I’m going to say TJ is going to blast Cejudo and knock him so silly his hair is going to flop.

Weight class Method Round Time Notes
Flyweight Henry Cejudo (c) vs. T.J. Dillashaw (c - BW) [a]......................CEJUDO
Heavyweight Greg Hardy vs. Allen Crowder..........................................HARDY
Lightweight Gregor Gillespie vs. Yancy Medeiros..................................MEDEIROS
Flyweight Joseph Benavidez vs. Dustin Ortiz.......................................BENAVIDEZ
Women's Flyweight Paige VanZant vs. Rachael Ostovich....................OSTOVICH
Light Heavyweight Glover Teixeira vs. Karl Roberson............................TEIXEIRA
Preliminary Card (ESPN)
Lightweight Donald Cerrone vs. Alexander Hernandez..........................CERRONE
Women's Flyweight Joanne Calderwood vs. Ariane Lipski......................LIPSKI
Light Heavyweight Alonzo Menifield vs. Vinicius Moreira........................MOREIRA
Bantamweight Mario Bautista vs. Cory Sandhagen.............................BAUTISTA
Early Preliminary Card (ESPN+)
Lightweight Dennis Bermudez vs. Te Edwards.................BERMUDEZ
Welterweight Belal Muhammad vs. Geoff Neal...................MUHAMMAD
Welterweight Chance Rencountre vs. Kyle Stewart................???????? WHO GIVES A RATSAZZ

Main
Dillashaw
Hardy
Medeiros
Benavidez
Ostovich
Roberson

Prelims
Hernandez
Lipski
Moreira
Bautista

Early Prelims
Edwards
Neal
Stewart

I like most of your picks, but would like to see the Donald take this one. I don’t think Yancy can win this fight, if Gregor plays it smart and wrestles.

Cejudo tko rd 2 or 3
Hernandez unanimous decision
Gillespie tko rd 3

I honestly haven't thought about the other fights much in terms of predictions

Cejudo wins. One hit to TJ and skeleton bones go flying around the octagon.
Crowder wins. Via actual MMA skill.
PVZ Wins. She will be aiming right for that orbital all night. + a bit more skill.

Don't really care about anyone else.

Predictions in detail:

Gillespie wins via arm triangle in round 2, after some wild exchanges. Fight of the night.

Hernandez tries to floor Cowboy with some big right hands, but fails to catch him clean. Striking is pretty even, but Cowboy starts to get the better of him as the fight goes on. Hernandez goes for some takedowns and gets caught in either an arm bar or triangle choke. Cowboy via sub, round 2.

Cejudo puts a pace on Dillasnake, who looks pretty good early. Cejudo is clearly the stronger of the two and gets a few takedowns. TJ starts to slow down and loses some snap in his punches, loses round 3 pretty clearly. Cejudo takes it to him in round 4 and TJ starts headhunting, trying to one up Cejudo with some big shots. He gets countered and finished on the ground.

PVZ vs Whats-her-face goes to a pretty boring decision, unanimous decision for PVZ, who praises whats-her-face as a fighter, person and a role model in her postfight interview. Some good angles on some firm buttocks and some titty-jiggling, so don’t skip this fight.

<{you!}>

Surprised at all the cejudo support. Story of the fight should be Dillashaw's low kicks to Henry's lead leg.

Surprised at all the cejudo support. Story of the fight should be Dillashaw's low kicks to Henry's lead leg.
That’s one thing to look out for. That low, low karate style stance of Cejudo is prone to lead leg kicks. I bet TJ tries to capitalize on those

<5>

Back