Why would an MMA fan dislike Fedor?

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
First off, I don't mean if you think he is goat or a can crusher. That is a different debate. You can still like a can crusher. I don't get the actual dislike for the guy though. He has never said a god damn word so it can't be his thoughts. He always brings the fight and he has a just bleed type style a lot of times. His fights are always exciting, even in old age. He has never acted like a bitch or whined about shit. I cannot honestly think of one single reason why any mma fan would dislike the guy. Can anyone, especially the guys that don't like him, explain?

I’m just disappointed he never fought in the UFC but I guess that’s Dana’s fault too

I don’t dislike him at all. I respect everything he accomplished. However unfortunately when you talk to his fans, if you don’t bow down to him as the greatest thing since sliced bread they basically say you are a hater. I think he is top five, maybe even top three all-time. But I don’t agree that he is some undisputed greatest of all time. I don’t think his resume speaks to that. But of course he is on the mount Rushmore. Absolutely.

Very few people dislike Fedor. Guy always conducts himself well, has an exciting style, a great varied skillset and puts it all on the line in fights, taking risks. Most of the hate he gets is as a response to his fans, which is an unfortunate situation.

because a massive portion of sherdogger members dont get enough attention in life so they do absolutely anything to be "edgy" and go against the grain

I’m just disappointed he never fought in the UFC but I guess that’s Dana’s fault too

Fedor was getting a lot of bad advice at that time in my opinion. There were a number of big-money fights on the table for him in the UFC if he just signed.

TanBlindKingbird-size_restricted.gif

Strictly to go against the grain. He's arguably the heavyweight GOAT

Maybe because they weren't around during his run and TUF was their gateway to the sport or god forbid, ronda/conor for the WME era kids. They can't partake to the experience so they try to bring him down.

For the most part I think it's people who weren't following when he was in his prime and only know him based on what they've heard and have seen on Wikipedia.

It might be that they wished they were around at the time or just that every generation wants to think there current favorite fighter is the greatest ever and feel the need to shit on the sports history for some reason.

In other words I really don't know either, lol.

Very few people dislike Fedor. Guy always conducts himself well, has an exciting style, a great varied skillset and puts it all on the line in fights, taking risks. Most of the hate he gets is as a response to his fans, which is an unfortunate situation.

Well said. Because his fans act as if you need to appoint him as the GOAT. And if you don’t, then you don’t know what the fuck you are talking about. And that is bullshit.

The MMA fans who actually have watched Fedor compete and watched his fights all can appreciate his talent and his great accomplishments.

The only hate he gets are from people who have never actually watched the guy fight or from those fans who for some reason they allow the disdain that they have towards Fedor fans impact how they feel personally about Fedor the fighter.

Sherdog/MMA fans are strange in that sense, they allow their feelings towards a fan base impact how they feel about a fighter.

Maybe the bullshit with M1? Or his fans being so insecure? No idea how anyone could dislike Fedor personally

I think most who dislike him or discredit him never watched the guy fight through this 10 years dominance.

Well said. Because his fans act as if you need to appoint him as the GOAT. And if you don’t, then you don’t know what the fuck you are talking about. And that is bullshit.
A big reason why his fans get so rabid and defensive is due to the astonishing amount of retards on here that probably didnt even see the man fight live, going on about 'HURRR DURRR HE LOST 2 A MIDDLEWEIGHT!!!!! HUR DURRRR HE LOST 3 IN A ROW IN HIS PRIME!!! DUCKED TEH UFC!!!"

when its clear to anyone with a well functioning brain and an IQ higher than 80 that A) he was not in his fighting prime and B) he beat like 5 or 6 UFC champions C) had plenty of reasons not to fight in the UFC

Some people are afraid to accept that one man can possess such a high level of greatness in all areas of life. They lash out with hate and ignorance. Hopefully one day they can accept reality and embrace Fedor.

Idk bro Fedor has the cutest most heart warming smile I've ever seen, he's adorable.

No one dislikes Fedor as a person, it's just that many think he is overrated or really wanted him to compete in UFC

Is very easy to think someone hate a fighter just because he called it overrated

A big reason why his fans get so rabid and defensive is due to the astonishing amount of retards on here that probably didnt even see the man fight live, going on about 'HURRR DURRR HE LOST 2 A MIDDLEWEIGHT!!!!! HUR DURRRR HE LOST 3 IN A ROW IN HIS PRIME!!! DUCKED TEH UFC!!!"

when its clear to anyone with a well functioning brain and an IQ higher than 80 that A) he was not in his fighting prime and B) he beat like 5 or 6 UFC champions C) had plenty of reasons not to fight in the UFC

While I respect everything that he did outside the UFC. To me his reasons for not competing in the UFC are not particularly credible. He basically listened to his stupid management. He had high profile, huge fights lined up. He didn’t take them because he listen to the wrong people.

Fedor will be remembered as the greatest MMA heavyweight of all time, and rightfully should be..

Back