TJ Has Really Leaned Into the Villain Role

YOLOGOGOPLATA

4x Champ Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
TJ Dillashaw has truly embraced his image as a snake. He came across like a smug, smarmy asshole in the press conference today, treating Henry like his little brother, and seemed to love every second of it. I wish Jon Jones would do the same. He's become a little more blatant recently about how big of an asshole he is, but I want Bones to go full TJ mode. TJ is what Colby wishes he sounded like. Are there any other fighters that are so good at playing the heel right now?

TJ was unfairly maligned by neck tats and alpha fail. TJ may be a tool at times but he's a phenomenal fighter and by embracing all the hate he's made it a positive. Good for him.

TJ was unfairly maligned by neck tats and alpha fail. TJ may be a tool at times but he's a phenomenal fighter and by embracing all the hate he's made it a positive. Good for him.
Agreed. I think he has an argument as the most talented fighter on the roster. Do whatever you need to do to have the right mindset.

Well, hopefully that last shedding of the skin will get him on weight.

I don't like the guy. he really is a snake in the grass. Hope cejudo beats him

Maybe Hernandez

That dude is a disrespectful little twerp. I hope Cowboy teaches him a lesson Miles Jury style.

eqoswcf0itsismgm421c.gif

Cowboy has earned respect from his peers, especially a Junior like him.

You can only truly act like a dick if you are one. It is an unfortunate reality of pretty much all athletes and especially in combat sports where there's more of them. Who wants to beat another person if they don't have some aspect of being unhinged, and aggression?

The heel role really fits him as well, he's got that smug, grimmy look going on.

Agreed. I think he has an argument as the most talented fighter on the roster. Do whatever you need to do to have the right mindset.

I still like TJ. Yeah, he's gotten a lot cockier and more confident, but he doesn't cross the line on smack talk. He just says what he believes, even if it pisses someone else off (i.e. Joe B. after TJ said he doesn't care what happens to the FLW division).

lol I was impressed with how quick witted he was today. High level trash talk, let's see if he can back It up in the cage.

I'll give him that much. He needs to save that shit for someone who plays the smack talk game. Everyone knows Cerrone ain't that dude.

If I accomplished what TJ accomplished I would be cocky too. It is a right he has earned

I'll give him that much. He needs to save that shit for someone who plays the smack talk game. Everyone knows Cerrone ain't that dude.
Yea, we will see what he sounds like when he's talking to a dude who can dish it out a little bit more than Cowboy. He sounded pretty slick today though, I'll give him credit. He definitely upped the stakes for the fight, I'm expecting big things out of him and I'm looking forward to how he performs.

Yea, we will see what he sounds like when he's talking to a dude who can dish it out a little bit more than Cowboy. He sounded pretty slick today though, I'll give him credit. He definitely upped the stakes for the fight, I'm expecting big things out of him and I'm looking forward to how he performs.

He's an exciting young prospect, honestly. If he backs it up, he'll have some heat behind him. I won't begrudge the guy for trying, but he just rubs me the wrong way in how he's doing it.

He's an exciting young prospect, honestly. If he backs it up, he'll have some heat behind him. I won't begrudge the guy for trying, but he just rubs me the wrong way in how he's doing it.
I hope Cowboy starches him.

Back