Bobby Knuckles. How does his fall and his rise to the top rank for you?

eshay

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Everyone has witnessed the greatness of this man and his amazing rise to ultimate success and it's got to surely rank up there as one of the best come back stories for a ufc champion, from him being dispatched with ease by Stephen Thompson to his current title run. I dont really regularly look at threads/posts but it baffles me that there doesn't seem to be more acknowledgement of this because surely robert not only ranks up there with the all time best come back stories (at least in mma) he has the potential to further this and be a true all time great.

Call me a over the top dick rider or call me out on grammar if you want because i most certainly am a big time Robert Whittaker DICK RIDER and always will be oh i also have bad grammar deal with it. While i have never met or spoken to Robert i grew up in the mean streets of Menai (sarcasm) and am the same age as robert and wanted nothing more then to leave the shit hole that menai is as did all my friends and weve all done so.

I draw more inspiration from the fact that he still reps menai to this day and has stayed loyal to his roots and never abandoned them despite the opportunity of getting better (which he would fully be aware of) with a much larger place like american top team, greg jacksons etc. Please enlighten me if you disagree with anything and sorry for the slightly long read.

It shows that any top 10 fighter can be a champ if they get on a good run and get some easier matchups. Good on Bobby's management for getting him the easy road to the top once he moved up in weight.

I disagree because Thompson is a great fighter.

There are literally hundreds or more worse guys he could have lost to before storming back.

I mean, Hughes lost to Hallman twice in less than a minute each time. Silva lost by flying leglock to a can. Stipe got KOed by Stefan Struve.

Losing to Stephen isnt some scarlet letter.

how did this jump from Bobby Knuckles to you criticizing your grammar before anyone else?

just so ya know ive clearly never met,spoken to or seen robert even in person.

Bobby's got way too much hype after his Romero fights because people massively overrate Romero now that he's older.

It shows that any top 10 fighter can be a champ if they get on a good run and get some easier matchups. Good on Bobby's management for getting him the easy road to the top once he moved up in weight.

Are you high?

Robert was fighting the real monsters of the division in Jacare and Yoel while the champ cherry picked opponents.

how did this jump from Bobby Knuckles to you criticizing your grammar before anyone else?
happens every post i make so i assume its quiet bad. Sucks you can't call me out on it now because youd just look like a tool huh.

Are you high?

Robert was fighting the real monsters of the division in Jacare and Yoel while the champ cherry picked opponents.

Another sucker that got sold on Romero as some sort of elite monster. Watch what Gastelum is going to do to him and accept my avatar bet for that fight, sucker.

Another sucker that got sold on Romero as some sort of elite monster. Watch what Gastelum is going to do to him and accept my avatar bet for that fight, sucker.

Fuck an AV bet.

Full kit or bust.

I disagree because Thompson is a great fighter.

There are literally hundreds or more worse guys he could have lost to before storming back.

I mean, Hughes lost to Hallman twice in less than a minute each time. Silva lost by flying leglock to a can. Stipe got KOed by Stefan Struve.

Losing to Stephen isnt some scarlet letter.

i didnt mean that he lost to a weak opponent i was more talking about the brutality of it because wonderboy no doubt fucked him up.

Win or lose he seems like a genuinely awesome human being and glad to have him repping Australia.

Everyone has witnessed the greatness of this man and his amazing rise to ultimate success and it's got to surely rank up there as one of the best come back stories for a ufc champion, from him being dispatched with ease by Stephen Thompson to his current title run. I dont really regularly look at threads/posts but it baffles me that there doesn't seem to be more acknowledgement of this because surely robert not only ranks up there with the all time best come back stories (at least in mma) he has the potential to further this and be a true all time great.

Call me a over the top dick rider or call me out on grammar if you want because i most certainly am a big time Robert Whittaker DICK RIDER and always will be oh i also have bad grammar deal with it. While i have never met or spoken to Robert i grew up in the mean streets of Menai (sarcasm) and am the same age as robert and wanted nothing more then to leave the shit hole that menai is as did all my friends and weve all done so.

I draw more inspiration from the fact that he still reps menai to this day and has stayed loyal to his roots and never abandoned them despite the opportunity of getting better (which he would fully be aware of) with a much larger place like american top team, greg jacksons etc. Please enlighten me if you disagree with anything and sorry for the slightly long read.
It's definitely been impressive and his fights are always fun to watch, been a fan of his since I saw him on TUF.

I was a fan before I even saw his first fight because his last name was Whitaker and the first fighter I ever followed as an 8 year old kid was Pernell "Sweetpea" Whitaker, lol.

Kind of a stupid reason but as luck would have it I ended up liking his fighting style too so it all worked out for the best, haha.

KELVIN is going to suffer a significant ammount of brain damage in this fight win or lose its going to be detrimental for him. Bobby is going to light him up good because he has virtually no head movement.

Whittaker is a great fight. One of the best strikers and toughest guys in the middleweight division. I wish he could get through a title fight without suffering a knee or hand injury...

I don't think he ever really had a "fall" TBH, but moreso he was a young, developing fighter finding his feet (and ideal weight class) against elite competition.

Casual?

It's definitely been impressive and his fights are always fun to watch, been a fan of his since I saw him on TUF.

I was a fan before I even saw his first fight because his last name was Whitaker and the first fighter I ever followed as an 8 year old kid was Pernell "Sweetpea" Whitaker, lol.

Kind of a stupid reason but as luck would have it I ended up liking his fighting style too so it all worked out for the best, haha.

sweet pea is my all time favorite boxer i literally used to idolise him as a kid because he would put himself in the worst positions to get ktfo numerous times every fight by his over the top defense in the name of looking like a straight up boss. But yeah thats pretty funny.

Back