Did Ariel Helwani chicken out when face to face with Greg Hardy?

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Let me preface by saying im not particularly an Ariel hater.

However, after everything he said and done all week it seemed to me like he back tracked here and hid behind the "i just said this" excuse.

Judging by his actions it was pretty clear to me that Ariel did have a problem with Hardy existing in the MMA sphere.

Then he comes out and says "i and many others dont have an issue with you being an mma fighter"(clip above) which raised my eyebrow instantly. For example, Jeff wagenheim clearly stated on their podcast this week while talking with ariel that he was "pissed off that Hardy had a platform in mma" and that went completely uncontested by ariel while okamoto said he was tired of talking about this and wanted to move on. Ariel did not object to Jeff at all at the time. In fact he made a point to keep talking about the issue even after okamoto tried to steer away from it.

Then i go to the comments on twitter and surprisingly the overwhelming majority of people are giving ariel praise for addressing the situation face to face.

<bball1>

So... am i alone here really? If you make a point to talk about this over and over on literally every show you do, and go in depth passive agressively about it, i think its pretty clear that you DO have a problem with the situation. And then you come out and say exactly the opposite when the guy is in front of you? Dare I say, weasel move IMO. While he might not have said explicitly, his actions were a dead giveaway.

But what do you guys think? Curious to hear your opinions here.

Last edited:
Why did we make this nobody matter (me included)?

He needs to get a Gillette sponsorship. They are perfect for each other and the pussification of males in America. Step away from your grills and be more like Ariel America.

He stood to gain more if had called Hardy a woman beater and gotten beaten up himself lol. Ariel is a bitch this is not new.

That guy is a HW? Why he looks like a MW next to the mermaid

Hardy is the real victim in all of this. There's no evidence he actually did what he was accused of. Leave it to Ariel to spin a story to represent him as some kind of scumbag.

Only way to settle this. Greg Hardy vs Ariel Helwani superfight to headline UFC on ESPN 3 for the double title of the Domestic Championship belt and the Ruffles Championship belt.

He stood to gain more if had called Hardy a woman beater and gotten beaten up himself lol. Ariel is a bitch this is not new.
I was really hoping we would get to see one of these again

UnrealisticLavishAbyssiniancat-max-1mb.gif

Hardy is the real victim in all of this. There's no evidence he actually did what he was accused of. Leave it to Ariel to spin a story to represent him as some kind of scumbag.

Ariel didn’t spin this story. It’s been in the news for a few years.

honestly really impressed with the way Greg Hardy handled it, doesn't make it right what he did, but it seems he has already paid for his crimes ( i am not sure about this)

EDIT: per wiki

a judge found him guilty of assault and communicating threats, and sentenced him to 18 months probation, suspending a 60-day jail sentence. When Hardy appealed the decision, requesting a jury trial, the victim failed to appear in court to testify. As a result, the prosecutor's office dropped the charges, citing their inability to locate the victim, and "reliable information" that the two parties had reached a civil settlement

Weird case this one

Not to mention that even if he did it who really cares? He didnt murder anyone and there are two sides to every story.

I just dont get why you brainwashed, bluepilled "men" get so upset when you hear about something happening to women they've never met and will never know personally.

I'm all for people being good to each other and peaceful but that isn't the world we live in. People get killed, raped, robbed and beaten. It happens and its GOING to keep happening. I'm not going to give a ahit, then, when it happens again and then people try to ruin someone's life because it happened. Unless someone was murdered, all the wounds will heal over time so get over it.

And maybe not run your fucking mouth to the wrong people? Why does nobody ever point that part out lol. Nobody catches an ass whipping for nothing. These "victims" are usually instigators and habitual line steppers.

I highly doubt ariel thinks hardy shouldn't be a ufc fighter as ts said. He said what he had to say to hardy and hardy's response was very polite. Good stuff from both guys imo. Ariel is the goat mma reporter.

Not to mention that even if he did it who really cares? He didnt murder anyone and there are two sides to every story.

I just dont get why you brainwashed, bluepilled "men" get so upset when you hear about something happening to women they've never met and will never know personally.

I'm all for people being good to each other and peaceful but that isn't the world we live in. People get killed, raped, robbed and beaten. It happens and its GOING to keep happening. I'm not going to give a ahit, then, when it happens again and then people try to ruin someone's life because it happened. Unless someone was murdered, all the wounds will heal over time so get over it.

And maybe not run your fucking mouth to the wrong people? Why does nobody ever point that part out lol. Nobody catches an ass whipping for nothing. These "victims" are usually instigators and habitual line steppers.
Meathead City

Classy answer.
I don't know all the details of the Hardy case, but domestic violence isn't always 'crazy meathead beats up innocent woman'.
Obviously, no one should assault anyone in a relationship, but these issues aren't always as black and white as people make them out to be.

It looks like the case against Hardy was dismissed and there was a settlement.

Wow you've really thought about this haven't you and that the best moronic bullshit you could come up with, well done.
Go back to mommies basement and chat to your incel 'friends'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back