Would you Prefer Keeping The 125 Pound Division?

Sansnom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cejudo asked Dana White to do a deal with him during the press conference. If he wins that they keep the division. Dana said they'll wait and see.

I think they did a press conference for this fight to give it a little promotion and see how it does. Then make a final decision.

I honestly hope this fight does terrible numbers so they can finally close the division once and for all.

If you had to make the decision, would you rather see the division stay or would you rather see it go?

Hell to the fuck no.

tenor.gif

In general I don't love the 125 division, but fights like Cejduo-Johnson (or Cejudo-Dillashaw) make having the division worth it. Having 2 high level guys fighting at warp speed is just fun.

I’m good with it going. Hopefully replaced with the 165 division..

Never was into the 125 division... I’d love that 165 one

it was only worth watching because of mm

If they scrap it they should scrap LHW and HW too, those divisions are graveyards.

I think closing that division would be a win-win. It would make the 135 pound division even stronger and get rid of dead weight.

Nope, let it die a tragic and painful death.

If TJ can cut to 125 there is no reason the 125 guys can cut a bit less and fight at 135.

I think Dana's total non commitment to publicly stating that the division is toast is brilliant. To me it confirms the desire to squash it. But if the effect is greater interest, so much then they have to keep it, then it's a win-win.

Scrap it but don’t make a new 165 pound division.

Bantamweight - 145
Featherweight - 155
Lightweight - 165
Welterweight - 175
Middleweight - 185
Light Heavyweight - 200
Heavyweight - 215-265

Women’s Flyweight - 125
Women’s Bantamweight - 135

Send’em to Invicta

JK, Id rather see wmma go than the FLWs if I had a choice. But it wouldnt hurt my feelings one bit if they went after this weekend because most of them would go up to BW.

UFC peaked to me when they merged Pride, Strikeforce, and the WEC weightclasses and fighters. WMMA in UFC is all Rhondas fault.

Keep it
It’s a new division and needs time to grow
Remember the lightweight division was scrapped in the past and people thought 145 were to small
Those two divisions are the most stacked in MMA today
Give it time

Yes, of course. Where else can I see child-men fighting each other in cages? What a show!

Singer%27s_Midgets_-_carnival_poster.jpg

320px-Charles_Sherwood_Stratton.png

Seriously - no. At 125, you start getting cartoon small looking guys that just look terrible against the 6' fence. It blows my mind they want to ban anyone above 265 but want these 5' tall guys. It looks like a freak show.

Back