Cejudo challenges Dana to make a bet to keep 125 & ...

FrankieNYC

STUFF!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
... Dana won't commit.

At the presser, Ariel asked DW if he knew what he was going to do with 125 after Saturday.

Henry chimed in & asked DW to make a bet that if he beat TJ on Saturday, the division stays.
DW responded "lets see on Saturday".

That makes me think it is a goner

ariel was being highly annoying, hahahaha

The Flyweight division does not sell.

Get rid of it, make a 165 division, and move Welterweight up to 175.

That would be fucked up if they bounced MM and then decided to keep the division, lol.

Funny...Cejudo looking like a Bantham while TJ looking like a strawweight.

Can we do that but still have 125?

Then throw in a 195 and call it good

Size isn't the problem. 145 didn't sell either...until controversy.

DJ (and Cruz, and Stipe) don't sell because they were all very good fighters who didn't attract any controversy or fans. Cody, TJ, Jones, hell even DC finally....they attract controversy and fans.

It's a sad truth to the small subset of MMA fans who are into the fights first, personalities second. But a truth everyone needs to accept.

Funny...Cejudo looking like a Bantham while TJ looking like a strawweight.

Yes, now that you mention it, I see a slight resemblance.

24768820628_1e6dc102dc_b.jpg

Can we do that but still have 125?

Then throw in a 195 and call it good

165 is great because of all the fighters within the weight group (LWs and WWS). But there are not enough MWs and LHWs to make a 195 lb weight class. Those divisions are too shallow as it is, 195 would just make it worse.

does well in Asia. I think the top guys should go over to Onefc or rizin and do what you purpose with 165/175

... Dana won't commit.

At the presser, Ariel asked DW if he knew what he was going to do with 125 after Saturday.

Henry chimed in & asked DW to make a bet that if he beat TJ on Saturday, the division stays.

lol yea that shits gone. They aren't keeping it open if he beats TJ. It's not like TJ is a big draw himself.

... Dana won't commit.

Why did it have to be the Moon face guy who asked about weight...
upload_2019-1-18_8-7-33.png

Size isn't the problem. 145 didn't sell either...until controversy.

DJ (and Cruz, and Stipe) don't sell because they were all very good fighters who didn't attract any controversy or fans. Cody, TJ, Jones, hell even DC finally....they attract controversy and fans.

It's a sad truth to the small subset of MMA fans who are into the fights first, personalities second. But a truth everyone needs to accept.

UFC should do the marketing for them.

Some will say they make an entire TUF for MM and more, I agree with some points, but you won't find a single solution for this.

They have an entire department of Marketing, they should find the proper angle for any fighter. Fans are not an homogeneous thing either

165 is great because of all the fighters within the weight group (LWs and WWS). But there are not enough MWs and LHWs to make a 195 lb weight class. Those divisions are too shallow as it is, 195 would just make it worse.

Or more WW would go to MW because the giant MW might go to 195 or if you add 195 and 225 maybe people start going up just a little

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back