Am I the only one bothered by Adesanya vs Silva?

SpongeJoshSquareCheck

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For someone who was a fan of Anderson growing up I have to say that this match up bothers me a lot. Mant of us are happy to see him back but have to come to terms with the truth that Anderson hasn't been the same since the Weidman fights, is coming off a lay off and has to take PEDs to keep up with today's competition. I'm not bashing him, he doesn't have anything left to prove at this stage of his career but I feel like this match up is easy work and is just to promote Adesanya. I won't gain any respect for him if he beats Anderson and will probably be hoping a serious current contender emasculates him knowing the fucking ego he has.

Yeah, I really feel sorry for Adesanya.

Silva bless.

It’s not a great situation for anyone. DC beat him on cruise control and was bashed for it. Smoking him isn’t going to endear him to any of his fans.
Andy moving to Bellator to dismantle Tito sounds nice though.

Hugger of both and I've said since this fight was announced that I didn't want to see it. If Bisping could hold his own against past prime Silva, Adesanya is going to completely embarrass him unless he holds back a little.

Silva wants a big name. So he consciously chose to not fight someone safer, like Theodorou.

He got his wish. Apparently the flip side of that coin is that you didn't. Bummer for you.

No. I'm not also bothered.

Silva is trying to get an actual win before he rides off into the sunset. He should have lost the fight with Brunson.

At this point the UFC probably won't pay him to fight top 15 scrubs as his pay is too high. He either fights up and comers like Israel or gets fed to the wolves at the top of the weight class.

It’s not a great situation for anyone. DC beat him on cruise control and was bashed for it. Smoking him isn’t going to endear him to any of his fans.
Andy moving to Bellator to dismantle Tito sounds nice though.

Silva took that fight on like literally 2 days notice, fresh after a surgery, against a DC that was trained and focused on avenging his first and only loss in MMA.

Silva has lost a step, but it's not like he's BJ Penn level getting embarrassed. He's still holding his own.

This is the way of the fight game unfortunately. Very few get to walk away like GSP.

Not me. I'm going to thoroughly enjoy him getting a title shot after this win <{silvanormal}>

Silva took that fight on like literally 2 days notice, fresh after a surgery, against a DC that was trained and focused on avenging his first and only loss in MMA.

Silva has lost a step, but it's not like he's BJ Penn level getting embarrassed. He's still holding his own.
Easy. I never meant to imply he was washed up. Same money, easier fights. You’re clearly a fan of Anderson’s, how old is he? Don’t you want a nice life for him?

I'm not a Silva fan and don't really get why Silva fans would dislike this fight. Silva has nothing to lose here and he does better against striker than he does against wrestlers.

For someone who was a fan of Anderson growing up I have to say that this match up bothers me a lot. Mant of us are happy to see him back but have to come to terms with the truth that Anderson hasn't been the same since the Weidman fights, is coming off a lay off and has to take PEDs to keep up with today's competition. I'm not bashing him, he doesn't have anything left to prove at this stage of his career but I feel like this match up is easy work and is just to promote Adesanya. I won't gain any respect for him if he beats Anderson and will probably be hoping a serious current contender emasculates him knowing the fucking ego he has.

Why are you against this fight? Anderson has nothing to lose and a lot to gain, also fighting a striker is better for him than fighting a wrestler. Who would you rather him fight?

Great fight for both.
Should be an easy win for adesanya but at least they didnt put him vs another top prospect like Costa

the fight is actually the best fight for both fighters. If Anderson wins they can give him 1 last title shot in his next fight which hell they could make it a huge ESPN card which would deliver ratings. Is Adesanya wins, it positions him as next in line and a passing of the torch as such from the old flashy fighter of the 185 division to the new one.

I want you to watch as your hero gets brutally put down at 234. Your pain and tears will make me happy.

GettyImages-916754364.jpg

Hugger of both and I've said since this fight was announced that I didn't want to see it. If Bisping could hold his own against past prime Silva, Adesanya is going to completely embarrass him unless he holds back a little.
and when you look at Brunson as a common opponent and compare performances...
<6>

Nah. I love this fight. Anderson is 43 years old, And started losing it before the Maia fight. Since then he has been on a steady decline. Nobody is expecting him to win, like Nobody expected him to win vs Brunson or DC. Anderson has balls, And this is for the title shot, so it is a great deal for Anderson.

Bothered? What are you, Silva's grandmother? Let them bang, it ain't our brain cells.

Easy. I never meant to imply he was washed up. Same money, easier fights. You’re clearly a fan of Anderson’s, how old is he? Don’t you want a nice life for him?
I'm probably more replying to the general tone of the thread than you directly.
Everyone talks about that loss to DC as if he got embarrassed. All things considered, he did well against the 2nd best LHW and the current HW champ.

I know Silva is old, but I think he's had a bunch of weird shit happen in pretty much all his last fights post Weidman. He's not getting finished or rocked in any of his fights. He's not as fast as he was, but he looks more scared to pull the trigger than anything else.
I think this is the fight that really shows where he's at. It could end in him getting brutally KOd, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him win either

Never thought I would see the day that the majority think Anderson fucking Silva doesn't stand a chance in a fight. Well I for one think his going to shock the world.

Back