Jussier Formiga vs. Deiveson Figueiredo targeted for March/Nashville FN event

toe hold

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
https://sportv.globo.com/site/comba...igueiredo-e-jussier-formiga-23-de-marco.ghtml

SIR

Bout apparently to contested at flyweight (125lb)

Brazilian duel between Deiveson Figueiredo and Jussier Formiga planned for March 23

Still without a definition on the future of flyweight (up to 57kg), which is likely to be shut down by the company in 2019, the UFC is planning a well-positioned Brazilian duel in the division for March 23 in Nashville, Tennesse. It is Jussier Formiga vs. Deiveson Figueiredo, according to the Combate.com with sources connected to the organization.

Number 1 in the ranking up to 57kg, Formiga is in the best phase of his career and comes from three positive results in a row. The last of them was against Sergio Pettis by unanimous decision. The 33-year-old has a record of 22 wins and five losses.

Deiveson is fourth in the division and is undefeated. He has 15 wins in 15 fights since starting his MMA career. The God of War knocked out John Moraga in the second round in August of last year.

Getting the feeling the UFC may keep flyweight around in a limited capacity. Kind of like women's fw

The limitation of this capacity is: you lose = you get cut.

maybe they just keep the champion on the roster, and try to lure other promotions' flyweight champs for a ufc title fight.

stupid, but wouldnt put it past ufc.

maybe they just keep the champion on the roster, and try to lure other promotions' flyweight champs for a ufc title fight.

stupid, but wouldnt put it past ufc.

Profit?....

Nice. This is a really solid matchup for the division.

who vs who?

no wonder fly weight getting burned

who vs who?

no wonder fly weight getting burned

If you don't know who Formiga is, you never even TRIED to follow flyweight in the first place.
Don't act like you should've got some marketing about it. You never were interested in the first place, you're not a factor.

Why?
They've cut about 40% of the division. Including the former champ and biggest name. Why keep giving these guys fights at a dead weight? Make it 135lbs, winner stays in the UFC, make it mean something at least.

Benavidez vs. Ortiz II this weekend is ridiculously pointless, especially as a main card effort.

Great matchup. Formiga is ok standing and can teleport to your back but always gotta be worried about the sheer physicality of Fig. Love this fight.

I thought 125 was getting buried... might have been just to move on from DJ.

I've been waiting and waiting for this fight and finally get some good news and learn that I won't be able to watch because I'll be in surgery for a hernia operation. I could really use a ride to and from the hospital and am asking here for volunteers to take responsibility for my getting to and from. Please volunteer by quoting this post and responding!!

Im too white to pronounce/read that name correctly.
Formiga has been looking to earn that title shot for years, sucks he probably won’t get one now.

I've been waiting and waiting for this fight and finally get some good news and learn that I won't be able to watch because I'll be in surgery for a hernia operation. I could really use a ride to and from the hospital and am asking here for volunteers to take responsibility for my getting to and from. Please volunteer by quoting this post and responding!!

Where do you live?

Fig by TKO.

The further Formiga gets from a title shot, the better.

Back