2 funniest front page stories at Sherdog in awhile...

Dirge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
PhgZNSZ.jpg

Jose Aldo plans to fight 3 times in 2019...

Don't get me wrong I like Aldo's fights but he has pulled out of somewhere around 9 fights since joining the UFC.

He wants to fight 3 times in the next 11 months...

He fought once all last year, twice the year before, once in 2016, and once in 2015.

So he has fought a grand total of 5 times in the last 4 years but he wants to fight 3 times this year? Ya ok..

And Cyborg prepared to "Retire" if 145 is eliminated. Not sure why all the fan worship of Cyborg. She has whined and bitched more than almost any other UFC fighter in recent history. She has contradicted herself on countless occasions over the years.

145 has a grand total of 3 fighters in it, De Randamie, Cyborg and Anderson plus a bunch of much smaller fighters that ate at Denny's a few times to hit 145. The UFC created an entire division just for her and she just lost her belt and got obliterated by a smaller fighter and yet " she will retire if they end the divison"

Why not shed some muscle mass and move to 135? She has said countless times in the past that she could do it (And then said she would die etc).

The consensus amongst her fans is that she is too big to make 135 and yet many other WMMA fighters at similar height and build (but with reasonable muscle mass) make 135 just fine.

Funny day for Brazil i guess.

He wants to fight 3x because money. Aldo probably needs some money. Don't forget sponsorships, etc.

I thought for sure you’d be referencing the picture of TJ punching Cody. It looks like TJ just told him he has no father.

PhgZNSZ.jpg

Don't get me wrong I like Aldo's fights but he has pulled out of somewhere around 9 fights since joining the UFC.

He fought once all last year, twice the year before, once in 2016, and once in 2015.

So he has fought a grand total of 5 times in the last 4 years but he wants to fight 3 times this year? Ya ok..

And Cyborg prepared to "Retire" if 145 is eliminated. Not sure why all the fan worship of Cyborg. She has whined and bitched more than almost any other UFC fighter in recent history. She has contradicted herself on countless occasions over the years.

145 has a grand total of 3 fighters in it, De Randamie, Cyborg and Anderson plus a bunch of much smaller fighters that ate at Denny's a few times to hit 145. The UFC created an entire division just for her and she just lost her belt and got obliterated by a smaller fighter and yet " she will retire if they end the divison"

Why not shed some muscle mass and move to 135? She has said countless times in the past that she could do it (And then said she would die etc).

The consensus amongst her fans is that she is too big to make 135 and yet many other WMMA fighters at similar height and build (but with reasonable muscle mass) make 135 just fine.

Funny day for Brazil i guess.

You sound like a piece of shit.

You sound like a piece of shit.

Facts make me a shitty person? I'm actually a fan of Aldo but his making such an incredibly unrealistic public statement is just too funny.

If he fights once this year I would be shocked.

As for Cyborg, I am most definitely not a fan. She has simply said too much shit over the years (and failed drug tests) to be considered remotely credible.

And Nunes ended her relevance as a dominant fighter as well.

I hate the BS story that Cyborg can't make 135. That is one of the stupidest things people on here believe.

Facts make me a shitty person? I'm actually a fan of Aldo but his making such an incredibly unrealistic public statement is just too funny.

If he fights once this year I would be shocked.

As for Cyborg, I am most definitely not a fan. She has simply said too much shit over the years (and failed drug tests) to be considered remotely credible.

And Nunes ended her relevance as a dominant fighter as well.

I'm not arguing anything really, not a fan of either fighter.

It's you tone that bugs me. "Why don't you shed some muscle?" as if somehow Cyborg is your chosen character in a game.

Or how the posts are "funny", but not cause they're funny, but cause they amuse and tickle your great intellect which is full of solutions for these mere mortal UFC champions that somehow can't get their shit together without your help.

That's why I said you sound like a piece of shit.

2004 account.... which means you're not a kid, which makes you sound even worse.

P.S. I'm not hating on you or anything, I just said you sounded like that in your post. You could be a great person in real life. It's just this post... in which you sound like a piece of shit.

Aldo wants to be done with the UFC. He will fight 3 times this year. I'm hoping he goes 3-0.

He wants to fight 3x because money. Aldo probably needs some money. Don't forget sponsorships, etc.

source?
or you just spouting dumb shit?

Aldo has said for years he wants to be done with the ufc.

<36>

Aldo wants to be done with the UFC. He will fight 3 times this year. I'm hoping he goes 3-0.

I really hope he does fight 3x and as long as none of those is a rematch with Holloway (who clearly has his number), he very well could go 3-0. I just don't think its realistic.

I'm not arguing anything really, not a fan of either fighter.

It's you tone that bugs me. "Why don't you shed some muscle?" as if somehow Cyborg is your chosen character in a game.

Or how the posts are "funny", but not cause they're funny, but cause they amuse and tickle your great intellect which is full of solutions for these mere mortal UFC champions that somehow can't get their shit together without your help.

That's why I said you sound like a piece of shit.

2004 account.... which means you're not a kid, which makes you sound even worse.

P.S. I'm not hating on you or anything, I just said you sounded like that in your post. You could be a great person in real life. It's just this post... in which you sound like a piece of shit.

If my tone bugs you, don't read my posts or waste your time commenting?

I found it funny but perhaps a better word would be "ironic".

The chances of Aldo fighting 3x in the next 11 months based on his history of pulling out of fights for various reasons are almost nil.

Cyborg has stated on many occasions that she could make 135 and then she came back and said she couldn't then she said she could...

Cyborg has built a career on smashing undersized soccer mom's. She has bulked up in muscle to the point where she has used that extra mass to easily manhandle much smaller fighters.

See a big size difference here other than muscle?

k12ardq.jpg

Maybe you are a fan of hers and if so, feel free to insult me on a personal level (clearly you felt the need to do so). I sound like a kid and yet you call me a piece of shit for pointing out the humor in Cyborg's career and the unlikelyhood of Aldo ever fighting 3x in a year ever again?

Hmmm

Care to name a few of these 175 pound females with exceptionally lean physique who "make 135 just fine"..?

Shouldn't be hard, as you claim there are "many" of them.

Care to name a few of these 175 pound females with exceptionally lean physique who "make 135 just fine"..?

Shouldn't be hard, as you claim there are "many" of them.

I was talking about height and frame obviously. And where did you get 175 from? She weighed 168 fight night against Holm

k12ardq.jpg

Nunes, same height, easily makes 135

Holm, roughly the same size and same height, easily makes 135, more lean muscle

T1rbVJl.jpg

yana, nearly same height similar reach and frame

va82h3d.jpg

Evinger, I believe 1 inch shorter again similar size except muscle mass

Fjg84Nj.jpg

Last edited:
If my tone bugs you, don't read my posts or waste your time commenting?

I found it funny but perhaps a better word would be "ironic".

The chances of Aldo fighting 3x in the next 11 months based on his history of pulling out of fights for various reasons are almost nil.

Cyborg has stated on many occasions that she could make 135 and then she came back and said she couldn't then she said she could...

Cyborg has built a career on smashing undersized soccer mom's. She has bulked up in muscle to the point where she has used that extra mass to easily manhandle much smaller fighters.

See a big size difference here other than muscle?

k12ardq.jpg

Maybe you are a fan of hers and if so, feel free to insult me on a personal level (clearly you felt the need to do so). I sound like a kid and yet you call me a piece of shit for pointing out the humor in Cyborg's career and the unlikelyhood of Aldo ever fighting 3x in a year ever again?

Hmmm

No, I said you weren't a kid and you sounded like a piece of shit.

I don't disagree with what you're saying.

It's your tone, like fighters owe you something or some shit. Like you're better than them.

I mean ending the post with a "Hmmmm", who are you, fucking Sherlock Holmes? Did you watch one too many episodes of House?

No, I said you weren't a kid and you sounded like a piece of shit.

I don't disagree with what you're saying.

It's your tone, like fighters owe you something or some shit. Like you're better than them.

I mean ending the post with a "Hmmmm", who are you, fucking Sherlock Holmes? Did you watch one too many episodes of House?

Clearly you are looking for a fight. Frankly I can't be bothered and as such I will set you to ignore. Find another teenager to scrap with.

And for the record, House was awesome...

I was talking about height and frame obviously. And where did you get 175 from? She weighed 168 fight night against Holm

k12ardq.jpg

Nunes, same height, easily makes 135

Holm, roughly the same size and same height, easily makes 135, more lean muscle

T1rbVJl.jpg

yana, nearly same height similar reach and frame

va82h3d.jpg

Evinger, I believe 1 inch shorter again similar size except muscle mass

Fjg84Nj.jpg
If she was 168 a day after a weight cut why would you insinuate that she doesn't walk around at 175?

"Similar height and build" - your words.

Same height and 15- 20 pounds less muscle is not "similar height and build"

If she was 168 a day after a weight cut why would you insinuate that she doesn't walk around at 175?

"Similar height and build" - your words.

Same height and 15- 20 pounds less muscle is not "similar height and build"

Walk around weight is completely irrelevant and you should know that. Fight night weight is what matters and if you compare Cyborg to the 135 pounders she has been fighting, the difference is muscle. She lifts a ton of weights which builds bulky muscle mass while fighters like Holm focus more on lean mass.

Woodley fights at 170 but his walk around weight is 210 by his own admission and fight night he is around 188.

And if you are going to quote me use the right words? I said frame not build. Frame again infers bone structure. Build refers to tissue mass.

Clearly you are looking for a fight. Frankly I can't be bothered and as such I will set you to ignore. Find another teenager to scrap with.

And for the record, House was awesome...

Ofc I'm not looking for a fight, it's a forum, just here to waste some time.

Off the record, yes, House was very awesome... feels like forever ago... :(

Back