Daniel Eicher isn't even a real scientist

Alpha_T83

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
So I finally got around to doing some research. I'm more of a "scientist" than "Dr." Eichner is. The guy has no peer reviewed publications from his PhD. Anyone that knows anything about the scientific community would know that peer reviewed publications measure the worth of a scientist. Myself I have one peer reviewed, first author publication in Dev Cell. I'm working on my 2nd now.

Eichner has ZERO first/corresponding author papers in impact factor 5+ journals. A post-doc friend of mine makes a side income running an impact factor 2 journal in which people PAY HIM to have their papers published. He shops out the "peer reviews" to other PhDs and post-docs. Basically only first/corresponding author papers in impact factor 5-6+ journals actually matter in biological sciences. And even then, many bigger PIs won't even publish below impact factor 10.

And his thesis supervisor didn't even put his name on his thesis. The guy was an orphan PhD student failure that was granted a mercy PhD. Many institutions will fail students, refusing to grant a PhD without first author, peer reviewed publications.

Basically, Eichner has a Mc PhD, and is not a true scientist.

Edit: This is the guy that runs the SMRTL facility and is the "expert" that Dana White keeps citing, who determined Jones "did not re-ingest" Turinabol.

Dim also made a highly misinformed post here: He claimed that Eichner has over 20 lead (corresponding) author papers. He got this from simply glancing at the author lists from the papers. However, corresponding authors are not always listed last. Upon furhter review only 1 publication had Eichner as the corresponding author, and it was in a trash tier impact factor 2.5 journal.

For someone that gives everyone else shit, let's see if Dim can apologize for making his own uninformed post.

Last edited:
"peer reviewed publications measure the worth of a scientist"

This logic is fucking with so many fields.

The guy that everyone keeps citing, who runs the SMRTL facility and vouched for Jon Jones "not re-ingesting Turinabol".

He's not even a real scientist.

OK here's some good advice....

Include that in the OP.

YjFhcu8.jpg

Doesn’t matter.

Once Rogan has made his declaration all dispute is concluded.

Without knowing the particulars of this guy, his academic history, the science involved in this particular case, statements the guy has made, etc...

You don't need a lengthy vita or publication record to read and understand scientific research, do science (psst...some people work in industries that aren't particularly anxious to publicly publish), or make educated guesses about scientific relationships.

I say that as a man in the scientific community (basically half academia/half private sector) with a reasonably solid publication record for my age (33).

search the forum, there is already a really good post on this guy

Without knowing the particulars of this guy, his academic history, the science involved in this particular case, statements the guy has made, etc...

You don't need a lengthy vita or publication record to read and understand scientific research, do science (psst...some people work in industries that aren't particularly anxious to publicly publish), or make educated guesses about scientific relationships.

I say that as a man in the scientific community (basically half academia/half private sector) with a reasonably solid publication record for my age (33).
Yes you do. It's easy to write a thesis. I've done it no problem.

Writing peer reviewed, first-author papers in impact factor 10+ journals is incomparable. It's much, much more difficult to do that, than to write a simple thesis. Especially when you're getting a Mc PHD.

Basically, Eichner has a Mc PhD.

His BS and PhD came from the Australian National University which is their national research Uni.

Ive no idea about his thesis, but the fact you say he has no published research papers when he has over 20 leads me to suspect you might be wrong about that as well.

Back