Light heavyweight shaping up

ZafroTexas

Sideburns Sodamizer
@Green
Reaction score
Any one else getting excited about LHW again there’s some promising talents coming up.

Reyes
Rakic
Stoic
Ankalaev
Crute
Cutelaba
Walker
Menifeld
Smith
Santos
Rockhold

Who has the most potential here?

Last edited:
johnny walker.
Johnny-Walker.jpg

The others are cans.

Definitely a decent group of prospects, the problem is how long it'll take all of them to ripen.

I'm not sold on this Johnny Walker guy at all, though. He got KO'ed dead by regional scrubs multiple times. Suspect jaw structure.

Definitely a decent group of prospects, the problem is how long it'll take all of them to ripen.

I'm not sold on this Johnny Walker guy at all, though. He got KO'ed dead by regional scrubs multiple times. Suspect jaw structure.
True, but he would still be an interesting matchup for Jones, as Jones isn’t a power puncher.

Finally some signs of life in the division.

There are some promising prospects but the division is still in a weird spot

Yeah.. that is a good amount of up and comers.

Top 15 ranking should be clearer by this time next year.. without old bums like Glover, Shogun, Manuwa, OSP,

I want to see Reyes vs Shogun.

It's an American dream to have a champ named Johnny Walker. Lets get real

Any one else getting excited about LHW again there’s some promising talents coming up.

Reyes
Rakic
Stoic
Ankalaev
Crude
Cutelaba

Stosic is Serbian
Ankalaev is muslim russian
crute is an aussie
cutelaba is from moldova
gus and latifi from Sweden
Blaczowic from poland
Jimi (although no longer a prospect) is our only UK LHW I can think of
Thiago and Walker are the Brazilians
Misha Cirkunov is apparently Latvian
OSP is from the carribean
Rakic from Austria
Antigulov is overrated but he's the other Russki
Unsurprisingly, no east oriental asians in the LHW. Otherwise, LHW must have the most globally diverse line up in the weight classes
Obviously you have Alonzo Menifield, Jon Jones, Corey Anderson and Sam Alvey representing the USA

Certainly some interesting prospects. It will take some time for them to move up to where they are the ones up next for title bouts.

Oh shit.... I forgot Gokhan Saki from Turkey. Even though he doesn't look like he has any chance of being a contender at LHW.

People always trip about divisions being weak.

Give it some time and new contenders always arise.

Doesn't take long for someone to go from the prelims to legit contender.

Stosic is Serbian
Ankalaev is muslim russian
crute is an aussie
cutelaba is from moldova
gus and latifi from Sweden
Blaczowic from poland
Jimi (although no longer a prospect) is our only UK LHW I can think of
Thiago and Walker are the Brazilians
Misha Cirkunov is apparently Latvian
OSP is from the carribean
Rakic from Austria
Antigulov is overrated but he's the other Russki
Unsurprisingly, no east oriental asians in the LHW. Otherwise, LHW must have the most globally diverse line up in the weight classes
Obviously you have Alonzo Menifield, Jon Jones, Corey Anderson and Sam Alvey representing the USA
Forgot about Menifield I think the ufc is loading on him by putting him on the ESPN portion of this upcoming card

Lol this is terrible. You ppl actually believe the UFC has the best fighters nmw they throw out there. Vadim Nemkov would clap all these bums and y’all don’t even know who he is. Bunch of casuals on these forums nowadays.

Rare day on Sherdog where everyone agrees with you.

Lol this is terrible. You ppl actually believe the UFC has the best fighters nmw they throw out there. Vadim Nemkov would clap all these bums and y’all don’t even know who he is. Bunch of casuals on these forums nowadays.
I spoke too soon

Reyes
Rakic
Stoic
Ankalaev
Crute
Cutelaba
Walker
Menifeld

there were already multiple threads on this.

unfortunately, UFC will screw it up. From your list, Santos is missing btw. Reyes and Cutelaba seem legit

Back