Fighters who performance better in the Gym

RoyJonesJr

Carti Season
@red
Reaction score
Who are fighters that you feel consitently don't show up on Fight night? Or atleast don't perform to the best of their abilities?

I'm talking about fighters that are absolute killers in the gym, but for some reason can't execute what they do in the gym in the octagon.

I've heard on numerous occasions that Alexander Gustaffson is an absolute killer in the gym. But its been hinted that he can't exectute to the same degree on fight night. And I kinda agree, he seems to have mental lapses in his big fights.

groovy lando is another example. I feel like for whatever reason the level of finesse he has in sparring is not the same in the octagon.

Any other example?

perform**

who the fuck is in charge of the new sherdog?

Can't even edit the title.

Moving backwards in 2019 smh

I've heard Hector Lombard is a complete beast in the gym.

GOAT Gym warrior is Jon Jones, too bad the dude sucks and never put it together in the cage.

Who are fighters that you feel consitently don't show up on Fight night? Or atleast don't perform to the best of their abilities?

I'm talking about fighters that are absolute killers in the gym, but for some reason can't execute what they do in the gym in the octagon.

I've heard on numerous occasions that Alexander Gustaffson is an absolute killer in the gym. But its been hinted that he can't exectute to the same degree on fight night. And I kinda agree, he seems to have mental lapses in his big fights.

groovy lando is another example. I feel like for whatever reason the level of finesse he has in sparring is not the same in the octagon.

Any other example?

Me.
I kill everyone in a gym. When I train, I'm surrounded by dead bodies.

Dunno why it doesn't translate to my octagon career...

Mike Pyle.

Some even think he better than GSP.

I am not impressed with your thread title

sokoudjou was said to be a freak talent by team quest but he never could seem to make it come true on fight night, bar the times he surprised arona and lil nog

Phil Baroni, Edwin Dewees, Joe Riggs, Jeremy Horn

Michael Johnson has been known to go too hard in the gym.

Apparently Daiju Takase from what I've heard. The man did beat Andy and Carlos Newton, so he was obviously talented. Not the can everyone likes to label him as.

Conor is apparently a beast in the gym and he hasn't won a fight in decades.

Though the only good guy in the gym is Gunnar.

I've heard Hector Lombard is a complete beast in the gym.

<WhoJeff>

— Dan Henderson on Hector Lombard

He was a little bit of a bully in the room and a lot of the guys didn’t like him because he’d kind of go extra hard on guys that he was a lot better than or bigger than.

"Some of the other guys would kind of step up and put him in his place. He never did anything like that while I was there so personally, he was fine but none of my guys like him at all."

According to Henderson, Lombard would routinely go after less skilled fighters or smaller fighters while he was training and that didn’t sit very well with some of the other veterans in the room.

Henderson says he doesn’t mind that fighters put everything into a training session or a hard sparring match, but Lombard would do that against teammates who weren’t on his same level.

"I don’t have a problem with that, it’s when it’s only against the guys that are that are a lot smaller or less skilled than you to feed into your ego," Henderson said. "He never did any of that with me, he never did it with anybody that was bigger or stronger than him."

Henderson doesn’t have anything positive or negative to say about Lombard from the brief time they trained together, but he’s happy to fight him in the Octagon this weekend at UFC 199

https://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story...or-lombard-addresses-retirement-rumors-060116

Back