If TJ makes weight and performs

Kaiokenrye24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Does that change weightcutting? TJ ain’t training at a commercial gym too, I’m just surprised more fighters aren’t adopting his methods

Last edited:
Let's wait to see how the fight goes before we conclude he's broken the laws of physics.

Fighters have moved down before and done well.
Did Jared Cannonier change anything? What about Frankie? He wasn't far off champ/champ moving down.

Whatever happens with TJ he's doing nothing new and it changes absolutely nothing.

Does that change weightcutting? TJ ain’t training at a commercial gym too, I’m just surprised more fighters aren’t adopting his methods

Change weight cutting? I know in the champ champ fights the lighter guy always wins, but in general most fighters find success in lower weightclasses.

TJ has Napoleon complx

Fighters have moved down before and done well.
Did Jared Cannonier change anything? What about Frankie? He wasn't far off champ/champ moving down.

Whatever happens with TJ he's doing nothing new and it changes absolutely nothing.
Frankie didnt cut a lot at 155, he was too badass to need to.

43C5591B-F1D3-4C5E-9A22-1384BF64D5C6.jpeg
TJ has Napoleon complx

T.J. is the second most competitive person I have ever met. We wrestled together in college and he was never the type to shy away from anyone. He literally fought our starting 184lb Ian Murphy, who later fought jacare in dream, over a game of basketball.

The most competitive person I have ever met was Steve Neal. He coached me for a year in college before going to football. He is a heavyweight world champion wrestler who walked onto patriots and won 2 Super Bowls. Steve was a competitive maniac. I once beat him in bond and the next day he accused me of losing it, I later found out he hid the game bc he could not take losing again. We once played a game of football instead of wrestling practice. I was on the team against Steve. We were way ahead. He started getting crazy, this guy is 6’5 280 with little fat. He made us stay an hour after practice, refused to let anyone quit, the second his team finally got the lead he let us leave.

I have always thought that Steve and TJ were so similar. They remind me of the other in a lot of ways. They can at times be dicks but usually it’s because they hate losing or just truly believe they are better than everyone at everything. They are also the two most successful athletes I have ever met. Something that is not a coincidence. T.J. can rub some people te wrong way but I never see him that way. I always know that’s one of the things that makes T.J. great! It is not a little man syndrome in any way. He is an ultra competitive freak. He hates losing more than anyone could love winning. Steve was the same way. Both world champs

Threw in a pic from college where T.J. had a mullet for Halloween

Last edited:
I think TJ's being allowed to cheat by the UFC. Go back and watch when he was on JRE with his coach and they talk about using IVs for water weight.. and in media this week when asked about making weight he keeps mentioning "secrets of the trade" and "water displacement".. i'm willing to bet UFC is letting him use an IV to make the cut & rehydration easier, they secretly let guys do it who they want to win as a way to stack the deck in their favor.

In this case they want to shitcan the 125lb division so they give TJ every advantage and ensure he will make weight by letting him use IVs. If you doubt this, take a look at this video of Paulo Costa last year, seen using an illegal IV in his hotel before the Hendricks fight, and nothing came of it:

And also remind yourself this is a company who just let Jones fight and win a title the same week he popped for Turinabol again (after popping 3x earlier too). UFC is corrupt and lets certain fighters get away with cheating.

Change weight cutting? I know in the champ champ fights the lighter guy always wins, but in general most fighters find success in lower weightclasses.
That works both ways though cause the one changing weights has also always won, they did happe to be the lighter fighter but this is a little bit different than the rest.

Not sure about that last part either. Seems like the guys moving up have found more success in my memory then the guys who moved down only to eventually find there way back up. Frankie being the only notable exception but he didn't really cut to make 155 so didn't have a huge cut to get to 145.

Uriah maybe another one but I think he was much more successful at 45 than 35, same as Machida at 205 vs 85.

I think TJ's a professional in every aspect of fighting. He'll make the weight and will perform, whether he wins or loses. Most fighters aren't as precise with their preparation as TJ. They'll blow up, don't train in between camps and don't listen to their coach the same way.

View attachment 506397

T.J. is the second most competitive person I have ever met. We wrestled together in college and he was never the type to shy away from anyone. He literally fought our starting 184lb Ian Murphy, who later fought jacare in dream, over a game of basketball.

The most competitive person I have ever met was Steve Neal. He coached me for a year in college before going to football. He is a heavyweight world champion wrestler who walked onto patriots and won 2 Super Bowls. Steve was a competitive maniac. I once beat him in bond and the next day he accused me of losing it, I later found out he hid the game bc he could not take losing again. We once played a game of football instead of wrestling practice. I was on the team against Steve. We were way ahead. He started getting crazy, this guy is 6’5 280 with little fat. He made us stay an hour after practice, refused to let anyone quit, the second his team finally got the lead he let us leave.

I have always thought that Steve and TJ were so similar. They remind me of the other in a lot of ways. They can at times be dicks but usually it’s because they hate losing or just truly believe they are better than everyone at everything. They are also the two most successful athletes I have ever met. Something that is not a coincidence. T.J. can rub some people te wrong way but I never see him that way. I always know that’s one of the things that makes T.J. great! It is not a little man syndrome in any way. He is an ultra competitive freak. He hates losing more than anyone could love winning. Steve was the same way. Both world champs

Cool man. Who te hell are you.

View attachment 506397

Fantastic comment

Unless TJ is severely depleted and hampered by the weight cut, he will destroy Cejuda.

Just an FYI, since you seem to be not in the know, IV's are NOT illegal. The rule states that IV's are only prohibited if it's "more than 100 mL per 12 hour period".

It goes on to state:
"Infusions or injections are permitted if the infused/injected substance is not on the Prohibited List, and the volume of fluid administered does not exceed 100 mL per 12-hour period."
1/10th of a liter is a waste of time. Nobody is doing that

Back