Is MM legacy diminished because he didn't fight TJ?

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I feel like mm will be completely forgotten in the future.

His legacy is diminished by the fact that he is shorter than over 99% of healthy, full-grown adult men in developed nations.

Yay dude, you're the best fighter out of the other 50 guys your size!

I don't even personally know an adult male that's 5'3".

I know quite a few guys in that height range. If you live in an ethnically diverse area especially with central and south american peoples, its not all that uncommon.

It's not like it would helped his legacy a ton either. People still wouldn't care anything about him, sadly.

It hurt his legacy big time, merely because he clearly refused a major fight, thus losing the already low amount of respect most fans had for him. Him being labeled as the p4p goat at the time, he was exposed

I know quite a few guys in that height range. If you live in an ethnically diverse area especially with central and south american peoples, its not all that uncommon.
Yeah and nobody cares to watch them fight either.

Anybody who understands MMA will appreciate MM for a long, long time. Whether he fought TJ or not means not much.

I dont think so cause anyone with a sense of fairness realises that cejudo should've never had his hand raised. UFC politics- shameful.
He fights at a weight that , unfortunately, when people look back he won't get proper respect so May be him not moving up and possibly winning does effect legacy.IDK

It's not diminished. Sure, beating another champion would have added to it, but you could say that about most great fighters. In fact, any champion's legacy would be somewhat better if he had fought and beaten top fighters whom he didn't, in fact, fight.

What legacy
Fighting cans
The only world class fighter he fought bullied him in dominic Cruz
That’s his legacy

Anybody who understands MMA will appreciate MM for a long, long time. Whether he fought TJ or not means not much.

This right here. The same kind of people would say GSP is a lesser GOAT because he didn't beat Anderson. Clown shit tbh.

His legacy is diminished by the fact that he is shorter than over 99% of healthy, full-grown adult men in developed nations.

Diminished or augmented? Doesn't the fact that he almost always fights at a height disadvantage make his dominance even more impressive, just as it does Daniel Cormier's?

He isn't getting any love from the fans and sure as hell no coin from the company.

I understand his apprehension and the choice to go to One. I do think the fight would have happened if he got the W vs Cejudo. Eh what can you do, he seems fine with it so I'm over it too.

Would you fight him?

What legacy
Fighting cans
The only world class fighter he fought bullied him in dominic Cruz
That’s his legacy

Cruz won but why do you say he bullied him? Cruz won by taking him down; Johnson was doing well on the feet. And fighting was only his part time job at the time!
Also, why aren't Joseph Benavidez and Kyoji Horiguchi world class, in your opinion? The former fought your "only world class fighter" to a split decision.

as a 6'3 male, I don't give a shit about any of that.

On the real, I feel only Insecure people who want to feel superior bring up the term manlet In a serious way.

technique, talent, skillset and all that shit Is what matters.

Smaller athletes have carried sports for generations. Manny pacquiao is 5'5, one of the biggest stars In boxing for a long time. That shit don't matter man

No. I think fighting at 125 has hurt his legacy quite a bit.

125 has a very limited talent pool. It was tough for him to get recognition

Lol no
If anything TJ's is diminished for calling out the guys and going after the ones BELOW him

Sure he's mentioned Holloway now because he's got a fight lined up at 125

I feel like mm will be completely forgotten in the future.
Only to barely literate, idiot fans.
There is another demographic of idiot casuals who don't appreciate skill because the fighter doesn't resemble their couch potato body, and they don't matter either.

Back