Busting the Fedor Myth

PSALTY

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Myth: A widely held but false belief or idea

Trigger Warning: This thread may upset the uneducated fans of the sport, this is not my intention.

Let us begin.

Myth 1) Fedor has one of the greatest undefeated streaks in MMA history.
There’s one problem with this Myth. Fedors undefeated streak ended 5 fights into his career.
fedor-emelianenko-2_crop_340x234.jpg

RINGS King of Kings 2002:
It turned out that the key to defeating Fedor was targeting his soft Russian skin which is highly susceptible to cuts . Tsuyoshi Koshsaka, a Pro Japanese Wrestler, discovered this merely seconds into the fight nearly severing a part of Fedors face with a quick elbow. Fedor unlike Jones was not disqualified for hurting his opponent, rather his opponent damaged him too badly to continue.

images

This is why Jon is undefeated and Fedor never was.

Myth 2) Fedor was out of his prime when he began losing

<DC-Champ><DC-Champ><DC-Champ><DC-Champ>

This is one of my favorites. The word "Prime" is like a magic wand fanboys wave at the blemishes on their favorite fighters record. Let us compare.

Fedor record from 34 years of age onwards: 7-4 including wins over Maldonodo ( he lost), Chael Sonnen, and Jeff Monson. Losses include: Werdum, Bigfoot, Dan Henderson, and Mitrione.

Daniel Cormier record from 34 years of age onwards: 9-1 including wins over Stipe Miocic, Anthony Johnson 2X, Gus, Dan Henderson. Losses : Jon Jones (GOAT)
<36>
Also of note is that Cormier was brutally knocked out and went through a war with Gus before going onto distinguish himself with a career crowning KO victory over Miocic. This debunks the predictable "wear and tear" excuse as well.

Myth 3) Fedor would have experienced great success in the UFC and could beat most modern UFC champions.

Fedor actually had a surprisingly low fight IQ.
1433733809_werdum-fedor.jpg

Brawling and Sambo can only last so long, eventually you have to gameplan your fights and not make stupid decisions like jumping into a world class BJJ guard after landing a strong but not dazing knockdown. Fedor failed to show new wrinkles in his game during his career, it caught up to him again when he left the Japanese circuit. This pitfall wasn't unique to Fedor but rather endemic at the time. MMA has evolved by leaps and bounds since the era of PRIDE and Old UFC, leading to my next point...

Allow me to introduce you to the true GOAT of MMA
09_jones_bader_007.jpg

1) Youngest Champion in UFC history
2) Undefeated
3) Longest win streak in UFC history at 18 (He beat Hammil)
4) 11-0 in title fights
5) Destroyed the current HW champion x2

GOAT list:
1) Jon Jones
2) GSP
3) Daniel Cormier
4) Anderson Silva
5) DJ

Look Fedor is a great guy and I have no animus towards him, I just had to set the record straight.

<JonesLaugh>

Last edited:
Dubs and still a white belt. Yeah, we'll see how long you last.

tenor.gif

Myth- you have a clue of what you are talking about.

Reality- shut the fuck up.

Also reality- Jones is a limp dick cheater.
Who knows how mediocre he would be without a PED enema every morning.

One of the saddest attempts we have seen awhile. So wrong in so many ways you dont even have the energy to give TS an answer.

Calls Jones the GOAT and conveniently avoids the PED issues.
<Kobe213>

Dubs and still a white belt. Yeah, we'll see how long you last.
What's a belt have to do with anything? Does having a certain belt qualify someones opinion more than someone else?

Last edited:
Strong counterpoints my man, did you get the type of diploma you can roll spliffs with?
<JonesDXSuckIt>
Don't even need to bring up counterpoints to prove I'm arguing with an idiot. Good day :cool:

What's a belt on a belt have to do with anything? Does having a certain belt qualify someones opinion more than someone else?
I was under the impression a white belt couldn't make threads. The guy is a troll is all.

I mean it's clearly a bad troll attempt, but if anyone finds themselves actually reading that and agreeing with a single word just remember that Fedor was cut by an elbow in a fight in which elbows were illegal. So it clearly was not a loss in any way. That should tell you that you don't need to read any further and you can move on with your life.

I was under the impression a white belt couldn't make threads. The guy is a troll is all.
You're the equivalent of a Democrat shrieking everytime Trump references crime statistics when discussing the US/Mexico border. No thoughts or arguments, just raw hilarious emotion.
<{ohyeah}>

I mean it's clearly a bad troll attempt, but if anyone finds themselves actually reading that and agreeing with a single word just remember that Fedor was cut by an elbow in a fight in which elbows were illegal. So it clearly was not a loss in any way. That should tell you that you don't need to read any further and you can move on with your life.
PRIDE was extremely limited fighting, banning elbows from competition is an embarrassingly shortsighted decision the Yakuza made.

Fedor will always be remembered as one of the greats among true fight fans, same goes for Jones but sadly he will also be remembered as a flagrant cheat.

Criticism of the GOAT should be ban worthy..
<Fedor23>

Back