Best title run in history

PSALTY

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
9454C562-BBDC-411B-BBFC-C03C8F3C0F40.jpeg I think even you guys could handle the Math involved.
I’ll give you a hint, the winner is the guy with a shit ton of title wins and 0 losses.
He’s also the guy who won the belt younger than everyone else.

<JonesLaugh>

Last edited:

Aldo was younger noob. He also has 10 victories in world title fights, not 8.

He also wasn't gifted consecutive defenses against opponents from a division 20lbs below. Neither was GOAT St Pierre.

Aldo and GSP also rarely competed against title fight opponents who had worse than an active 3 win streak in the division. Of Jon's first 6 title fights 5 opponents had an active 2-win streak or worse at LHW.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Jones has the best resume in title fights that's for sure, but that doesn't mean he had the best title run IMO. Although his first reign is definitely up there, and would have continued if he hadn't fucked up so many times. Aldo, GSP, Silva, MM & Jones all had insanely impressive reigns as champions (Aldo started in WEC but I'm counting it)

View attachment 505681 I think even you guys could handle the Math involved.
I’ll give you a hint, the winner is the guy with a shit ton of title wins 0 losses.

<JonesLaugh>

He's also the guy with drug issues both sports related and recreationally. If you want to support a guy, so be it, but don't be disingenuous. You know he's got his faults as well.

Jones has the best resume in title fights that's for sure, but that doesn't mean he had the best title run IMO. Although his first reign is definitely up there, and would have continued if he hadn't fucked up so many times. Aldo, GSP, Silva, MM & Jones all had insanely impressive reigns as champions (Aldo started in WEC but I'm counting it)
Nah, it definitely means he has the best run. Best names and he has the highest win loss ratio out of all the GOAT’s, he never had to avenge a loss because he always wins.

And he is fighting better than ever which is scary...

Aldo was younger noob.

He also wasn't gifted consecutive defenses against opponents from a division 20lbs below.

Neither was GOAT St Pierre.

Serra and Penn both 155 and Penn can make 145 without problem.

Jones has the weird record of most times winning the title without actually losing it.

Jones has the weird record of most times winning the title without actually losing it.
He honestly has the longest winning streak in UFC history, since he won the Hamill fight.

Serra and Penn both 155 and Penn can make 145 without problem.

Vitor had ZERO 205 fights for HALF A DECADE prior to getting his joke title shot against Bones.

For Chael it was more like 7+ years for his even jokier one.

Nothing even close to that weak in terms of opponent prep for GSP or Aldo. BJ had beaten the previous WW GOAT for the WW title. Serra had spent the previous 2 years as a WW.

Aldo was younger noob. He also has 10 victories in world title fights.

He also wasn't gifted consecutive defenses against opponents from a division 20lbs below. Neither was GOAT St Pierre.

Aldo and GSP also rarely fought title fight opponents who had worse than an active 3 win streak in the division. Of Jon's first 6 title fights 5 opponents had an active 2-win streak or worse at LHW.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

This was a great case. IMO Aldo's better than GSP and AS.

Then he got finished by Conor.

Vitor had ZERO 205 fights for HALF A DECADE prior to getting his joke title shot against Bones. For Chael it was more like 7+ years for his even jokier one.

Nothing even close to that weak in terms of opponent prep for GSP or Aldo.

Jones has some names on that resume that are really undeserving of title shots. Aldo and Georges probably have toughest strengths of schedule. Jones has also lost his title multiple times for out of cage failures, which honestly, is so much worse than going out on your shield. Additionally, Georges is a champ-champ. He vacated his belt. He never lost it.

It depends on weight classes. Lightweight division has far more competition than light heavyweight division for example.

Aldo and GSP also rarely fought title fight opponents who had worse than an active 3 win streak in the division. Of Jon's first 6 title fights 5 opponents had an active 2-win streak or worse at LHW.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Yeah, but they lost and Jones didn’t.

LOL

This was a great case. IMO Aldo's better than GSP and AS.

Then he got finished by Conor.

Consider this:

Jon's first 25 fights at LHW: 25-0 with 9 defenses (effectively ... I count Hamill & DC2 as wins)
Aldo's first 25 fights at FW: 25-0 with 9 defenses

Difference is Aldo was operating in one of the deepest divisions in the sport, with beast after beast coming at him, while Jon is in one of the weakest divisions. LHW doesn't have anyone aside from Jon and DC who is on the level of Aldo, Conor, Max, Mendes, Lamas, Frankie, KZ.

Aldo's 10th defense was against Conor McGregor. Jon's will be against Anthony Hamilton. Says it all really.

UFCDivisional-Depth2.png

Heights4.jpg

Last edited:
Nah, it definitely means he has the best run. Best names and he has the highest win loss ratio out of all the GOAT’s, he never had to avenge a loss because he always wins.
My point was just that he was 9-0 in title fights during his first reign, then he was stripped. He beat OSP for the interim title, then KO'ed DC to unify the belts. Then he was stripped again and just beat Gus to reclaim his title. Technically that's 3 separate title reigns if I'm not mistaken. I guess I'm just arguing semantics. I think GSP's second title reign beginning with Matt Hughes for the interim belt, unified vs. Matt Serra and then ending with his retirement after the Hendricks fight is equally impressive.

Consider this:

Jon's first 25 fights at LHW: 25-0 with 9 defenses
Aldo's first 25 fights at FW: 25-0 with 9 defenses

This is like when publications post terrorism statistics prior to 9/11.
<36>

Aldo and GSP lost before their 30’s. Jon’s never lost lol.

Back