The flyweight division will be abolished even if Cejudo wins

Not A Real Fan

Deep State Agent assigned to monitor Sherdog
Banned
Reaction score
Cejudo and TJ will rematch at BW for TJ's title. He'll enter the fight as the flyweight champ to give him the chance to become a champ champ. But win or lose, the flyweight division is gone right afterward.

After beating TJ, I doubt Cejudo will go back to defending against no-name flyweights.

I hope very very badly you're wrong.

Best division in UFC history gets disbanded. That being said the FLW divison is pretty top heavy and there's lots of quality guys overseas. Benavidez hasn't lost in like years and years now since MM, and his first fight with Cjuedo was a split decision after the Dillashaw fight that is still a huge fight to make. Silva's also on a winning streak and he's basically the only top guy at FLW who's left who never got a shot at MM. So there's lots to do in that division once this is over and by the time they get through that there probably will be even more. Bring in Horiguchi and Bagunitov who are both dominating overseas and this division is STACKED!

It's true, but you could have posted at least one source or rumor.

I have a feeling that if Cejudo wins, it'll convince Dana to keep the Flyweight division intact. I mean, you'd have a guy that ended Mighty Mouse's streak AND warded off the Bantamweight Champion from above, even HE might consider it short sighted to just pull the plug on the whole thing and strip Henry of his belt.

I hope very very badly you're wrong.

Best division in UFC history gets disbanded. That being said the FLW divison is pretty top heavy and there's lots of quality guys overseas. Benavidez hasn't lost in like years and years now since MM, and his first fight with Cjuedo was a split decision after the Dillashaw fight that is still a huge fight to make. Silva's also on a winning streak and he's basically the only top guy at FLW who's left who never got a shot at MM. So there's lots to do in that division once this is over and by the time they get through that there probably will be even more. Bring in Horiguchi and Bagunitov who are both dominating overseas and this division is STACKED!

Benavidez lost to Pettis just recently

It does seem that the UFC wants to remove this division. I am wondering if one will take its place?

tenor.gif

UnfortunateHappyDrake-max-1mb.gif

r0QJDp.gif

I don’t get the hate, why shouldn’t guys who walk around at a lean 145 pounds (65 kilos) get to cut 20 pounds and fight at 125? Without FW if you are a male and sub 155 ripped you are undersized for every division.

If we are going to allow average sized guys (150-165 pounds lean) fight why not allow slightly smaller guys too?

Back