Gregor Gillespie and Alexander Hernandez

Kaiokenrye24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Should both fight each other if they win this weekend.

Gillespie is a beast and I think he can compete at the highest levels. I think he should be more proactive on getting bigger opportunities because he’s undefeated at 31 years old. Yancy’s only Advantages are size and experience imo with a clearly defined ceiling.

Hernandez has already beaten 2 well respected veterans and if he beats Cowboy this is the logical size up

Interesting fight. I guess they are both far enough along, that should they both win, it's not completely killing of a prospect if they fight

I think gillepsie needs a fight higher in the rankings given his age. They’ve been babying him too much imo.

Yancy’s only Advantages are size and experience imo with a clearly defined ceiling.

Yeah well...yeah :(

Still I don't wanna count out the Crazy Hawaiian. Dude brings it every fight, and leaves it all in the Octagon, as far as brawlers are concerned, he's underrated imo

Gillespie vs Kevin Lee or winner of the Barboza-Gaethje if he wins this weekend.

Rather see Gillespie pushed to title contention. He's the most interesting matchup for Khabib, who has never fought a wrestler of that caliber. He's the guy people should have been talking about instead of hyping up Kevin Lee.

I would prefer the UFC doesn't burn two highly touted prospects. I also think Gillespie has a higher ceiling due to his wrestling. I hope he fights someone ranked higher after Yancy.

I think there's no need to put 2 great prospects together. there's enough fighters in the division so they don't have to face each other...... yet

I would love to see this fight but Gregor deserve a top 10/5 oponent next

Fast track them both. They're not getting any younger. Perhaps these two will cross paths multiple times before they're done.

Rather see Gillespie pushed to title contention. He's the most interesting matchup for Khabib, who has never fought a wrestler of that caliber. He's the guy people should have been talking about instead of hyping up Kevin Lee.
agreed, he needs to fight a top 5 guy. urgently.

If Islam Machhachev and Gillepse win their next fights they fight eachother

boom

Yeah well...yeah :(

Still I don't wanna count out the Crazy Hawaiian. Dude brings it every fight, and leaves it all in the Octagon, as far as brawlers are concerned, he's underrated imo
His fight with cowboy Oliveira was a thing of beauty. One hell of a fight. I think that whole card was incredible too.
Sort of on topic, if we get a 165 division, this could open up the path for both these two to reach the higher rankings sooner.
Pretty sure half of the top current 155ers would go straight to 165. James Vick, Anthony Pettis, Paul Felder, Kevin Lee, Dan Hooker,

I've been super impressed with Gillespie. He looks talented enough to wear a belt at 155 if things fall into place properly. I think he deserves a chance at Top 10 or Top 5 competition and see if he can make it happen.

If Islam Machhachev and Gillepse win their next fights they fight eachother

boom

Gillespie would crush him. Better wrestler, better striker, better chin.
If Khabib ducks Tony Gregor is the man to hand him an L.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been super impressed with Gillespie. He looks talented enough to wear a belt at 155 if things fall into place properly. I think he deserves a chance at Top 10 or Top 5 competition in the very near future and see if he can make it happen. I would love to see Gillespie vs. McGregor, an absolute horrible match up for McGregor as this guy has insane cardio, great grappling and on point boxing...

I've been super impressed with Gillespie. He looks talented enough to wear a belt at 155 if things fall into place properly. I think he deserves a chance at Top 10 or Top 5 competition in the very near future and see if he can make it happen. I would love to see Gillespie vs. McGregor, an absolute horrible match up for McGregor as this guy has insane cardio, great grappling and on point boxing...

Back