37 Palestinians and counting dead, 1600 injured bc of Israel

I know the shi/sunni divide may not be as uniformly stark as it is played up to be, but the bolded part gave me a pause. I'm not too confident in my knowledge of this dynamic, which is why I asked.

It's 1:35 a.m. in China, and I might mix up some details, but something like this:

- Saudi Arabia and Turkey funnel a lot of funds to ISIS and a lot of other terror groups.

- Iran and Syria funnel a lot of funds to Hezbollah and Shiite militias

- A lot of other tribal divisions exist in the midst of this blood feud.

- Russia supports Syria as a proxy, and Iran as a partner.

- The U.S.A. supports Saudi Arabia as a proxy (bad idea...) and some "moderate" militias which are often ineffective or else are really radical.

- Israel does a bit of shuffling with Russia, and Saudi Arabia strangely enough, and lashes out at Syria/Iran.

- None of this is particularly good or stable.

A few positives might be that:

A - A lot of more excitable Wahhabi jihadists were chewed up and spit out in the fighting, reducing terrorist numbers and manpower, as they you know, died.

B - It has taken a lot of the zeal out of the Arab Spring turned Winter, which sadly did not go the way the West had hoped.

C - If all this fighting gets old enough, maybe the Kingdom of Saud and the Iranian Revolutionaries will become more "Reformation" minded.

The level of mistrust and contempt is incredible. My good brother from Saudi Arabia is convinced that Iranians are treacherous and murderous, and, he is a fairly moderate and level headed fellow, and a great guy.

That does not bode well I feel for the future, unless ABC culminate.

I'm not an expert though, just reasonably educated on the subject.

@Kafir-kun is more of an expert on the region.

It's 1:35 a.m. in China, and I might mix up some details, but something like this:

- Saudi Arabia and Turkey funnel a lot of funds to ISIS and a lot of other terror groups.

- Iran and Syria funnel a lot of funds to Hezbollah and Shiite militias

- A lot of other tribal divisions exist in the midst of this blood feud.

- Russia supports Syria as a proxy, and Iran as a partner.

- The U.S.A. supports Saudi Arabia as a proxy (bad idea...) and some "moderate" militias which are often ineffective or else are really radical.

- Israel does a bit of shuffling with Russia, and Saudi Arabia strangely enough, and lashes out at Syria/Iran.

- None of this is particularly good or stable.

A few positives might be that:

A - A lot of more excitable Wahhabi jihadists were chewed up and spit out in the fighting, reducing terrorist numbers and manpower, as they you know, died.

B - It has taken a lot of the zeal out of the Arab Spring turned Winter, which sadly did not go the way the West had hoped.

C - If all this fighting gets old enough, maybe the Kingdom of Saud and the Iranian Revolutionaries will become more "Reformation" minded.

The level of mistrust and contempt is incredible. My good brother from Saudi Arabia is convinced that Iranians are treacherous and murderous, and, he is a fairly moderate and level headed fellow, and a great guy.

That does not bode well I feel for the future, unless ABC culminate.

I'm not an expert though, just reasonably educated on the subject.

@Kafir-kun is more of an expert on the region.

I'm familiar with those points. I just thought that iran's hegomonic interests ran counter to ISIS and their ilk and thats why they were killing them. From your earlier post I thought maybe there was some backdoor greazeball shit going on, like when Assad was buying oil from the very people that had wrecked his country.

Still good to know your thoughts tho. Thanks.

File number 11997667 of stupid college kids disrupting a talk.

I just watched a clip from the other day that happened at UCLA. a group of anti-Israel people came to a discussion with an Armenian, Kurdish and Israeli and chanted and danced and basically took over. They said something we don’t want your 48 or two states and river to sea Palestine will be free. One disruptor grabbed the Armenian flag off the wall at the start of their distribution. One of these days someone is going to get beat down.

The oddest part is they started chanting something like no white supremacy.

I know the shi/sunni divide may not be as uniformly stark as it is played up to be, but the bolded part gave me a pause. I'm not too confident in my knowledge of this dynamic, which is why I asked.

syrian and lebanese christians were for time and in lebanon proteceted by hezbollah. However do not think that protection means they could ever disrespect their muslim protectors or openly go against islamic majority. Lebanon used to be christian majority to.
File number 11997667 of stupid college kids disrupting a talk.

I just watched a clip from the other day that happened at UCLA. a group of anti-Israel people came to a discussion with an Armenian, Kurdish and Israeli and chanted and danced and basically took over. They said something we don’t want your 48 or two states and river to sea Palestine will be free. One disruptor grabbed the Armenian flag off the wall at the start of their distribution. One of these days someone is going to get beat down.

The oddest part is they started chanting something like no white supremacy.

sound like idiots. That river to sea is genocidal chant.. Fuck palestine and it supporters at this point. Also lol at disrepecting armenians after all the crap the have had done to them by muslims for centuries. The only reason armenia exists today is because Russia has defend it for centuries. Same can be said sort of of georgia.

Catastrophic destruction as Syrian regime pounds Palestinian refugee camp

There have been intermittent attempts to get the ISIS fighters to leave, but it’s not entirely clear where they would go.

Amid scenes labeled “apocalyptic” and a “crime against humanity,” the Syrian regime continued its offensive on Sunday to retake the Palestinian refugee camp of Yarmouk, a neighborhood in south Damascus.

Most of the area is held by Islamic State and tens of thousands of Palestinian residents fled years ago, but thousands remain under a brutal siege.

The scenes from Yarmouk on Sunday looked like Stalingrad in 1942 or Berlin in 1945, during the Second World War: bombed-out buildings as far as the eye can see; roads turned to rubble; alleyways turned into canyons of destruction, gutted, gray and slumping from air strikes. There doesn’t appear to be anything left of many city blocks that were once a thriving community, the home of more than 200,000 people in 2011 when the Syrian civil war broke out. Now only a few thousand remain. Those who do are reported to be starving under the regime’s siege.

Since the middle of May, the regime has focused its firepower on the stronghold. It signed agreements with the local rebels so it could focus on destroying ISIS in southern Damascus, in an area held for years by the extremists. With support from Russia, according to numerous online accounts, the regime has sent tanks and planes to root out what remains.

https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/C...regime-pounds-Palestinian-refugee-camp-557901

Note to TS. Your thread title needs to be updated.

Three Palestinians died Saturday of their wounds sustained during May 14 clashes with Israeli soldiers near the border, medics said, making the rallies' death toll increase to 114.

Ashraf al-Qedra, spokesman of Gaza health ministry, said around 12,000 were injured and some 50 are still in critical conditions.

The Palestinian side accused Israel army in an official press statement of using ammunitions that are internationally forbidden.

The rallies, which started on March 30 in the Gaza Strip, are demanding the world's recognition of Palestinians' right of return and the lifting of a 11-year blockade on the Gaza Strip by Israel.

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2018-05/19/c_137191710.htm

I'm familiar with those points. I just thought that iran's hegomonic interests ran counter to ISIS and their ilk and thats why they were killing them. From your earlier post I thought maybe there was some backdoor greazeball shit going on, like when Assad was buying oil from the very people that had wrecked his country.

Still good to know your thoughts tho. Thanks.
It’s not greaseball shit, without oil your country (no matter what country it is) will essentially go back to the Stone Age

There’s a reason why countries are willing to start a conflict over it and why countries that have it are so important

Back