'300' was a work; Persians were more democratic than Spartans

Hollywood telling lies to influence the sheeple into believing their desired narrative?

Battlefield_Earth_movie_poster.jpg

interesting overview but is hindered with a narrator thats comes off as a SJW trying to crap on harmless things people enjoy.

Also, he looks like the type who would call in sick with a paper cut.

Next you'll tell me that the Spartans didn't really face a magical gang of ninjas called The Immortals, who used explosives & Japanese wakizashis. At which point my whole world will be shattered bro

And here I was thinking it was a documentary

I have to point out that while I never believed '300' as true to history, I assumed that since Spartans were Greeks, they had more of a similar structure to Athenians. Apparently Spartans did more to antagonize the spread of democracy.

The video did a really good job in relating that era to Alexander The Great's era.

lol I saw that video earlier today

Spartans were retarded

Spartan culture was also super duper gay.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Super gay.

Spartan culture was also super duper gay.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Super gay.

Yep. They comprised their army of homosexuals, because it was thought that the soldiers would fight harder, if they were fighting alongside their lovers.

Gay as fuck.

NTTAWWT.

When the Greeks made their last stand after majority of their forces withdrew, there were 700 Thespians and 400 Thebans that fought alongside the 300 Spartans. On top of that, the Spartan continent was sure to have brought their helot slaves (so much for Greek democracy and freedom). The Persians, while way more numerous than the Greeks, where nowhere near million strong as the Greek historians made out to be. They probably outnumbered the Greeks 5 to 1 at the start of Thermopylae, where the Greeks had nearly 20,000 men.

Here is my TL: DR version in case you missed history class:

Bunch of slave owning gay guys got beaten up by a large group of Middle Eastern homophobes led by an oppressive patriarch.

Last edited:
Yep. They comprised their army of homosexuals, because it was thought that the soldiers would fight harder, if they were fighting alongside their lovers.

Gay as fuck.

NTTAWWT.
Ur thinking of the theban sacred band , an elite unit used to spearhead the theban force that pwned the spartans by tearing up the old rules of set piece battles of the day.

interesting overview but is hindered with a narrator thats comes off as a SJW trying to crap on harmless things people enjoy.

Also, he looks like the type who would call in sick with a paper cut.
So basically you don't have a refutation for the material. And space is still fake.

So basically you don't have a refutation for the material. And space is still fake.

why would i refute it? I didn't disagree with it.

The only thing i wish he had mention is that it was based on the great war of Ants v Grasshoppers in 2777 -- in which the lord emperor 8 legs (crowned for his additional legs) violently and valiantly fought off mass hordes of angry evil Grasshoppers hell bent on stealing the sugar reserves. Of course this happened 200 years ago, well at least to us -- fortunately, you have no recollection of this because god still has you tethered to his matrix -- in order to protect you from 3-dimensional shapes; that, if you are exposed to, would cause a cataclysmic meltdown of all things. But, if you awaken, do not be startled -- because it is all just a conspiracy -- started by the evil men of science -- who are actually cats -- but they are flat; flat cats, so they will be of comfort to you.

Last edited:
why would i refute it? I didn't disagree with it.

The only thing i wish he had mention is that it was based on the great war of Ants v Grasshoppers in 2777 -- in which the lord emperor 8 legs (crowned for his additional legs) violently and valiantly fought off a mass hordes of angry evil Grasshoppers hell bent on stealing the sugar reserves. Of, course this happened 200 years ago, well at least to us -- fortunately, you have no recollection of this because god still has you tethered to his matrix -- in order to protect you from 3-dimensional shapes; that, if you are exposed to, would cause a cataclysmic meltdown of all things. But, if you awaken, do not be startled -- because it is all just a conspiracy -- started by the evil men of science -- who are actually cats -- but they are flat; flat cats, so they will be of comfort to you.

reading-ikea-intructions-big-lebowski-confused.gif

The Spartans werent democratic at all. They were an oligarchy controlled by the gerousia, a council of noblemen chosen from the oligarch families. They hated Athens, and even refused aid, military and civilian, from Athens numerous times because the gerousia feared that the democratic ideals of Athens might spread to the lower classes of Sparta and threaten their class hierarchy.

I have to point out that while I never believed '300' as true to history, I assumed that since Spartans were Greeks, they had more of a similar structure to Athenians. Apparently Spartans did more to antagonize the spread of democracy.

The video did a really good job in relating that era to Alexander The Great's era.

That's a wrong way to frame it IMO. Yes Athenians were democratic and Spartans were oligarchic. These were the two competing political regimes in that era's Greece.

However, Athens had a very agressive imperialistic policy and wanted to submit pretty much all of Greece.

The Spartans fought back.

Back