Media 3 Years Ago Today: Jose Aldo finishes Jeremy Stephens in his first non title bout in the UFC

Great memory.

I remember Stephens and his wife were arguing online that it was an early stoppage….
35ADE9FE-8EDB-4D3B-9680-A21F9D7849B0.gif

Reactions: Gio
Jose Aldo one of the legends,
Jeremy Stephens one of the favorites,
RIGHT THERE !

Jose Aldo one of the legends,
Jeremy Stephens one of the favorites,
RIGHT THERE !

RIGHT THERE ! THE HARDEST HITTING 145 POUND, THE REAL HARDEST HITTING 145 POUND RIGHT THERE ! :D

LOL@ Stevens’ reaction when that left lands: “Por quê?”

LOL@ Stevens’ reaction when that left lands: “Por quê?”

I love how you misspelled his last name. Just shows that really there's not a lot of people who knows who the f*** is that guy.

July 28, 2018.

Hear that vicious body shot.

You can also see how emotional he is after the win after tough back to back losses to Max Holloway and being at a crossroad at this point in his career.

Jose Aldo will be fighting Pedro Munhoz on UFC 265, August 7th.

I love Aldo.
But I hope this is a great fight and a good victory for him to hang up his gloves at.
he is one of the greats of this sport, and has nothing further to prove to anyone!

July 28, 2018.

Hear that vicious body shot.

You can also see how emotional he is after the win after tough back to back losses to Max Holloway and being at a crossroad at this point in his career.

Jose Aldo will be fighting Pedro Munhoz on UFC 265, August 7th.

I never really like Jermey attitude but I liked Aldo since WEC days.

Aldo was young still when he lost to Conor, so like 28 or 29.....he was born in 1986 and the fight was in 2015. But when Conor said Aldo was on the decline from too many wars it got me wondering if it were the fights in the ring? or at his gym?...Since he really only suffered a bad KO from Conor I did not think much about it...but after that he has seemed like his chin got cracked.

I believe his gym went too hard and ended up cracking Aldo's chin eventually. Shogun and Wanderlei gyms were like that too. However, Aldo first MMA was at 17 a month before he turned 18 so he already had 12 years. It sucks to see such good talent deteriorate from years.

Aldo was young still when he lost to Conor, so like 28 or 29.....he was born in 1986 and the fight was in 2015. But when Conor said Aldo was on the decline from too many wars it got me wondering if it were the fights in the ring? or at his gym?...Since he really only suffered a bad KO from Conor I did not think much about it...but after that he has seemed like his chin got cracked.

I believe his gym went too hard and ended up cracking Aldo's chin eventually. Shogun and Wanderlei gyms were like that too. However, Aldo first MMA was at 17 a month before he turned 18 so he already had 12 years. It sucks to see such good talent deteriorate from years.

Yep. Here's a fun fact. TJ Dillashaw is actually older than Jose Aldo.

I honestly don't think it matters.
If you want to be great, you need to be pushed in training. And while fight night is a lot more damage, in training less damage but wear & tear for much longer.
After all, you train far more than the time you spend inside the octagon, so I'd think that almost all fighters have more wear & tear from training than they do at fight night (with some exceptions, of course).

It's already been 3 years?!?

tenor.gif

On a side note: Conor has commented so much on other fighters having permanent damage that it makes me think that it’s a acute phobia of his. Might explain how quickly he folds when he gets rocked. I mean, it’s an established pattern now.

oh shit I didn't know Aldo was fighting next week.

<mma4>

can't wait

For reasons which will never make sense to me, many people have called Holloway the GOAT. This of course was almost as moronic as people who said Woodley was the 170 GOAT while he was champ.
holloway has a really good resume but I just can't see any excuse for having him ahead of Aldo, though I'd say he's hte clear #2 at the moment.

Back