Media 3 Years Ago Today: Jose Aldo finishes Jeremy Stephens in his first non title bout in the UFC

Gio

Wendy Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
July 28, 2018.

Hear that vicious body shot.

You can also see how emotional he is after the win after tough back to back losses to Max Holloway and being at a crossroad at this point in his career.

Jose Aldo will be fighting Pedro Munhoz at UFC 265, August 7th.

Last edited:
I watched this live at the Saddledome in Calgary. The viciousness of the left hook to the body was apparent from the nosebleeds. I was truly happy for Jose that night.

I still can't believe Jose makes the cut to 135.
Always loved his bodywork.

Reactions: Gio
Jeremy's poor poker face game cost him.

Aldo was never that good anyway.

ty_stoned_zpsc47eab90.gif~original

Great body shot and good feel good moment. Jose was 1-3 in his last 4 all losses my stoppage including the embarrassing Conor loss. He needed a win in the worst of ways and got a devastating one.

Love that read from Aldo when he was about to duck down to throw an uppercut but backs out as soon as he saw Stephens throw a counter uppercut to try and catch him on his way down. Resets and then throws that thunderous left hook.

Jeremy's poor poker face game cost him.
It's hard to have a poker face with body shots. The reactions for the most part is involuntary. Body shots shut down your body so your body/face will show it.

It's hard to have a poker face with body shots. The reactions for the most part is involuntary. Body shots shut down your body so your body/face will show it.

Absolutely.

Back