3 weeks out.first mma fight against bjj blue

shouldercharge

Dave Camarillo idoliser
Reaction score
in three weeks ive got my first fight against a bjj blue belt ive been training the last 15months in judo cross training once a week in bjj,before that i did bjj for 3months and muay thai for a year.
my top control is good,i have heavy hands good takedowns,lately ive been doing alot of private training with a boxing coach.

in mma sparring with the fighters ive had good success with ground and pound.
ive just taken a fight with a bjj blue belt i know nothing else about him other than its also his first fight.i'm a bit worried about the lack of time and the fact that hes a blue in bjj.
any body have some tips for me?
what i should focus on both as far as game plan and preparing physically.
ive also got to lose bout 11lbs so would appreciate tips on cutting weight.
i'm going to use this to keep a log of my nutrition and training hopefully i'll get some good advice.

yesterday
had a protien shake in milk before work and after.
a chicken breast sandwich on wholegrain bread with lettuce,tomato,cucmber,red onion and honey mustard sauce.
1.5 hours of muay thai.
just light drilling.
5 mins of skipping to warm up.
drilled in and outside leg kicks on bag then placing them with moderate power on my coach.
worked on checking leg kicks.
worked alot on knees,must have worked because my mma coach that night said my knees felt really strong.
worked on the clinch both pummeling,and the thai clinch-controlling the oponent making sure to maintain dominant position and using it to set up knees , and elbows(wich i later found out i couldnt use)then worked boxing combinations on the pads.
ate 8 pcs of sushi
mma training.
worked half an hour on boxing various combos off 1,2 slip.
worked two takedowns off a high shot after firing a 1,2 slipping there jab and driving your shoulder into the arm pit of there lead hand and wrapping up there upper body.
did 2x6min rounds at high intensity boxing on focus mitts.
and 1x6min round in the "shark tank"=working thai pads with training partners surrounding the mat every 30-40 secs one of them is called in to jump me and we spar full contact mma.
weighed myself this morning 90.1kg

basic training outline for the next 2 weeks looks something like this.
monday am-bjj,lunch-conditioning,pm-mma
tuesday am-conditioning,lunch-boxing focus mitts with a mate,pm-bjj
wensday am-bjj,lunch-muay thai prvt,pm-mma
thursday same as tuesday but no night time bjj.
friday am-bjj,afternoon-boxing sparring,pm-judo.
saturday lunch mma
sunday am boxing private,afternoon muay thai private.
will post todays training/nutrition tonight

Welcome to the logs! Wish I had some better advice to give you but I'll leave that to those more knowledgeable than me.

Good luck in the fight. Let us know how it goes!

if ur worried about his jitz then try and keep it standing. expect him to shoot or clinch.sprawl n brawl yo

How many rounds are you doing? Get a solid conditioning routine. If you have 3x3 minute rounds with 45 second breaks, get yourself 9x1 minute stations. do 3 of them, take a 45sec break, another 3, 45 sec, etc. And train for one extra round.

Or, pretending it was 3x3 rounds, train 3x4minute rounds, or something.

Most important thing to work could be TDD and getting up off the floor. Is it cage or ring? Practice using a wall to stand up if it's the cage.

6am 2scoops proein in water
8.30 coffe little bit of milk 1 teaspoon sugar.1 sice of cheddar cheese
11 cup berries,scoop of protein,couple of desert spoons of yoghurt
1.30 3 chicken kebabs,bowl of vegetables
3.30 100gram lean sliced salami.
6.30 JUDO
8.30 2scoops protein in water.

the boxer i was going to spar with was sick so couldnt do that.

judo.
normal warmup breakfalls,jogging,shrimping etc.
100 uchikomi
5 30sec rounds of 3man uchikomi alternating between 2 throws i did ipn seoi and osoto gari.
10 1 min rounds of grip fighting,f you got the dominant grip you threw your oponent-m griping has been going really well i fight left handed and almost always can get the inside grip.
8 4min rounds of randori including newaza.most people did 1 on 1 off i did 4 rested for 1 then did three and most went really well.

WEIGHT;90.7KG

How many rounds are you doing? Get a solid conditioning routine. If you have 3x3 minute rounds with 45 second breaks, get yourself 9x1 minute stations. do 3 of them, take a 45sec break, another 3, 45 sec, etc. And train for one extra round.

Or, pretending it was 3x3 rounds, train 3x4minute rounds, or something.

Most important thing to work could be TDD and getting up off the floor. Is it cage or ring? Practice using a wall to stand up if it's the cage.

thanks for the advice i was planning on doing 3x5min rounds
1min KB snatches
1min burpees
1min punch outs on heavy bag
1min tyre flips
1min box jumps

1min plank as active rest between.

do this after a 30min jog.

weight this morning;88.65kg

6am 300gram steak,bowl of vegetables.
10.30 200gram crab meat
12 MMA
2.30 200gram crab meat
5.30 bowl of berries,two dessert spoons yoghurt,scoop of protein
current weight:88.65kg

MMA
boxing on focus mitts 30mins
worked on finishes to single legs 10mins
5x4mins rolling with strikes.
2x6min rounds high intensity boxing on mitts.
1x6min hitting pads for 20-30secs then having training partner either shoot for a double or clinch and spar mma from there.
was feeling absolutely exhausted after the round on the focus mitts but got through trining ok.
a mate was suposed to start judo with me last night but ended up having a few beers after work so missed it and came to mma insted,he regretted the drinking when he hd to run to the toilet to puke during rolling.

will go out for dinner tonight, will hve some form of lean protein with salad.

weight this morning;88.0kg

5.30cup of coffee.
6 sub grappling.
jog/stretch.conditioning 20secs on 10 rest;squats,tuck jumps,sprawls,push ups.5 rounds.
worked on 2 different finishes to single leg take down.
rolled 3x5min rounds;4stripe white positionally had the better of him alot of the time subbed him with an armbar from kesa gatame.
purple belt subbed me with a triangle as i worked for guard pass,positionally we were 50/50 but he was letting me work,held him for a long time in kesa gatame,and he really struggled to escape.
another purple belt had the better of him postionally but he was gassed spent long times in kesa gatame,side control,half guard top,and took his back at the end but couldnt finish.
7 2 scoops protein in water.
9.45 300gram steak,bowl of vegetables
12.30 200grams smoked salmon,150grams coleslaw
2.30 bowl of berries,couple of dessert spoons yoghurt,scoop of protein
3 boxing sparring.
3x3min rounds of shots to the body only,5x3min rounds full sparring did well considering he has years of amateur boxing experience 50 or so fights,has trained with the cuban olympic team etc,
5.2 scoops protein,slice of cheese
7 mma
worked some boxing on the focus mitts,working to the back from the clinch and takedowns from there.
inside leg kicks.
rolled 3x5min rounds.
did one round of 6mins high intensity on focus mitts.
2x6mins mma sparring,coach told them to stand with me a little more whereas he has been telling me them to shoot for the takedown straight away,i did really well definately had the better of my partners in the standup even dropped one with a leg kick,and i didnt get tagged with any big shots.

Last edited:
weight this morning 87.2
6 300gram steak,bowl of vegetables
10 100grams ham
12 bowl of berries,yoghurt
2 350grams chicken breast,bowl of vegetables
3 boxing sparring.
did 5x3min rounds focus mitt work,then 5x3min rounds sparring with a pro boxer(record 4-1) him and my mate who organised it picked up on a couple of mistakes i was making but there was plenty to be happy about too.
2 bananas,yoghurt
6 bjj
jog,shriming,crocodiles,crickets.
lots of drilling of basic submissions,arm bar,kimura,triangle from guard ,armbar from mount.armbar-flower sweep-armbar.armbar-triangle armbar,kimura-upa sweep.3x5mins rolling wasnt too happy with how i rolled today think its probably ben so long since training gi jiujitsu
8 200gram steak veges.

Last edited:
weight this morning 87.2
coffee
ab circuit
1min plank
1 min leg circles left on bench
1min leg circles right on bench
1min crunch
1min rest.
x3

6.30 300grams chicken,bowl of vegetables

10 yoghurt,berries
12.30 protein shake 2slices cheese
1 drilled positional escapes and takedown defense with my judo instructor.
2.30 chickenbreast lettuce tomato cuccumber lite mayo on wholegrain bread.
3.30 3x5min rounds boxing sparring
4-5.30 no-gi rolling with some very good grapplers 5 min rounds did 2 on one off,these guys were very good (3 purples and a blue) and showed me alot.

6 chucken breast veges
7judo
warm up,100 uchikomi,5x4min rounds newaza randori,6x4min rounds tachiwaza randori.10mins drilling counters/defense to single and double leg takedowns.
big days training starting to feel a bit sore,so hoping for a good sleep and will just be going to training at the mma academy tommorrow night 1hr bjj,then mma sparring

Last edited:
woke up this morning with a runny nose and sore throat worried i may be overtraining so going to take the afternoon off training and just train bjj and mma sparring tonight.
weight this morning 86.4
7 2bananas,yoghurt,scoop of protein.
11 200gram chicken breast,bowl of veges
2 roast beef sandwich with lettuce and tomatoe on wholegrain bread,cup of coffee.

Last edited:
been a bit lazy updating this last couple of days.
had a complete day off yesterday and today was my morning off work so feeling very energised.

hurt my hip somehow at training on saturday.

this morning
weight :87.0kg

9am;bowl of berries,banana,yoghurt,scoop of protein.
12pm;200grams lettuce,100grams grated cheddar,200grams chicken
3pm;250grams lean beef mince,bowl of veges 2 tomatoes
5.30pm;100ml milk,200ml water,150gram yoghurt,2scoops protein,desert spoon natural peanut butter.
7;mma
boxing combinations on focus mitts.
take downs from clinch
dirty boxing.
3x5min rounds rolling

3x6mins mma sparring full contact fresh partner every 40-60 secs.
fitness held up well but i got tagged alot and landed little shots of my own i thought i should have done better but everyone said i'm doing real well.

Last edited:
Back