3 UFC hype jobs exposed in 1 night

seattletimes_20140706_boeings1_zps12d23dea.jpg

Oh the humanity...

"Nothing sweeter than seeing platinum nation derailed with an abject performace from their hero. Their proclamations were great now they are lamenting their loss. too funny."

@ostlerrage
Shall we drink from their skulls?

They took a risk on McGregor, hyping the shit out of him for his second fight etc, and it paid off big time. So they're now like old ladies who keep going back to the same slot machine spending all their winnings because they think they'll strike it lucky again. But it's never going to happen again.

Good point, maybe that is part of it.

They got lucky with Conor, he can actually fight, and is a true fighter (despite the ludicrous hype and shenanigans).

Vanzant? She shouldn't even be in the UFC let alone headlining a card. Fucking mental, and an insult to a warrior like Faber who's been an elite MMA fighter for basically a decade.

Alan could never crack the top 10

but he cracked Tin Can Man twice

9mhtlVo.gif

Alan is not great, but he's actually a pretty solid fighter. Decent skill and technique, decent stamina, and has shown some balls and fighting spirit in previous fights at all.

I mean, I wouldn't pick him against any of the top 5 obviously, but it wouldn't surprise me if he beat someone in the lower top 10.

I think that Uriah should get an honorable mention along with the "terrible trio"........Brad Pickett??? Brad was picked because most folks think he can't wrestle....and the money was on Uriah because they looked at Pickett as a easy choke out....That did NOT happen....they raved about Uriah knocking Pickett down but gave little notice to the left that dropped Uriah because Uriah was "off balance" and wasn't expecting it )yada, yada yada........that fight had me laughing out loud at the commentary about how great Uriah is and how the California Kid is so suave, so cool, so smooth.....yada yada....Yes Uriah won easily .......but by decision; he could NOT stop Pickett....!!!! Never got close to stopping Pickett.....

In fairness to Paige and Sage they've already lost prior

Sage and Paige had already lost and Perry almost got decisioned before he got the finish in his last fight.

Now you're just being petty.

perry was more of a sherdog hype job than a ufc hype job
and northcutt got exposed for the third time in a row...

Back