3 top fighters expect Khabib Nurmagomedov to 'kill' Conor McGregor when they trade blows at UFC 229

Sorry bro, that guy's body is way better than mine:
Fat_nerd.jpg

Fighters seem to overrate guys with wicked technique in a specific area as opposed to just judging on athleticism or overall ability.

TS in his short term on Sherdog has made a name of himself. A notorious Khabib nutgobbler. He probably has the amish beard thing going on, I hope he's gonna be A-OK if Khabib loses to Conor.
ive never heard of ts before.

Many pro fighters are picking Conor to lose to Khabib. Its a very intrugining fight to me because both fighters strengths are each others weaknesses. Conor is a high level striker with ko power as khabib has terrible defense and chin is suspect. However on the flip side, Khabib has manhandling grappling/wrestling and Conor has very bad tdd and has little to no ground game.

If the fight is on the feet more than anything khabib will be put to sleep. If khavib gets a hold of mcg and controls the fight, it could be a punishing fight for mcg or he could get sub'd.

TJ picked Conor.

I trust his judgement.
He knew Faber & TAM were dickheads way before anyone else.
He also knew he'd smoke Cody with ease in the 2nd fight.

On a serious note, I'd pick his opinion over the likes of Wedeme as well. Bang and TJ get it. They understand striking and setups like few others. Most of the game is fucking clueless.

I don't take pro fighters' opinions too seriously as most of them are biased or have some kind of hidden agenda.
There are so many unanswered questions when it comes to this fight (which makes it so intriguing) but only a few 'certainties'. - I will list them in the order of highest probability.
1) Conor is very unlikely to win a decision even if he survives that long simply because he doesn't have cardio for it.
2) Conor can KO/TKO Khabib within 2-3 rounds unless, of course, he has a Diaz-like chin.
3) Conor will get taken down at some point and will not be able to get back up on his feet, though he just might be good enough to minimize damage.
4) Khabib wins by submission eventually.

You know what? Top pro fighters have an established track record of not being able to predict fights worth shit.

"3 top fighters expect Khabib to kill Conor" is no more meaningful than "3 Sherbros expect Conor to sleep Khabib".

For Conor Nate 2 it was something like 38 out of 41 of the bitter bums picking Nate, similar for Aldo.

TJ and the best fight analyst in the world Dan Hardy favor Conor to win. I think they are wrong but anything can happen in MMA. If Conor wins it will be an upset imo.

I have to turn off ad-blocker to view the article?

<36>

Even Anderson said in a recent interview that he thinks Khabib takes it easily

Even Anderson said in a recent interview that he thinks Khabib takes it easily
Brazilian hate Conor they will never pick him. Same for Werdum dude hates Conor so much of course he's going to say he will lose

Brazilian hate Conor they will never pick him. Same for Werdum dude hates Conor so much of course he's going to say he will lose
Sure everybody has a bit of nationalist pride. But...
GSP is Canadian and Poirier is American, what's their excuse?

You know what? Top pro fighters have an established track record of not being able to predict fights worth shit.

"3 top fighters expect Khabib to kill Conor" is no more meaningful than "3 Sherbros expect Conor to sleep Khabib".
Exactly. Nobody is dead eye dick when predicting fights.

There are a million variables, and on top of that, we are basing predictions on past performances because we aren’t watching the training camps.

Sure everybody has a bit of nationalist pride. But...
GSP is Canadian and Poirier is American, what's their excuse?
GSP is terrified of fighting Conor, khabib is a much better style for him to fight, just jab and TDD. Conor is too fast for GSP these days and I think he knows he's too old for those blast doubles he was known for.

Dustin just prays he doesn't have to face Conor again

I hate overconfident opinions. People who don't see the possibility of them being wrong eat crow often.

In my opinion, Khabib will most likely beat Connor, but I could EASILY see Connor winning by knockout.

Be humble Sherbros.
Yeah. Either Connor KOs him in 1-2 thrilling rounds or Khabib hugs Connor to sleep over 5.

Both are pricks but from an entertainment pov I prefer the Conor winning outcome.

Plus hand on heart Khabib looks like he stinks of cheese.

Back