3 Seattle Officers Move to Protect Citizen Caught in Crossfire During Ambush

Arkain2K

Si vis pacem, para bellum
@Steel
Reaction score

It is not easy to be a police officer, especially right now. There is an incident out of Seattle that really illustrates that point very clearly, in a harrowing and graphic video.

Seattle police officers responded to a domestic violence call on New Year’s Eve. They were called to the home the first time, then left to write their report. Then three police officers were called to the home a second time. The second call started out routine enough. However, according to KOMO News, the incident ended up being far from routine.

The suspect came outside and was being interviewed by officers as he sat on the hood of a patrol car parked on the side of the street. It was all very routine, as recorded by the patrol car’s dashcam.

Then suddenly the mundane became terrifying as a vehicle pulled up rapidly behind the patrol car and another vehicle stopped farther down the block. Officers heard gunfire and quickly took cover behind the patrol car, shielding the domestic violence suspect, then returned fire.

Voices can be heard yelling during the incident, then the gunman’s car pulled away. No one was injured by the gunfire.

The three officers, all of whom were experienced cops, were placed on administrative leave, per department policy. The gunman, at the time of publication, has not been apprehended.

Since November, Seattle has been an epicenter of the “Black Lives Matter” anti-police protests. It should be no surprise that some took to Twitter to take shots – not at the guy who tried to kill the cops, but at the Seattle Police Department.

TJ Anderson
@Kiltmancomics

it looks like @SeattlePD is only adept at shooting UNARMED citizens.... http://q13fox.com/2015/01/07/seattl...ers-seen-scrambling-to-return-fire-raw-video/ #shotsfired #nohits #fuckthepolice

It seems obvious that the shooting is connected to the anti-police protests, due to its targeted nature.

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/01/229611-seattle-cops-routine-call-suddenly-come-fire-harrowing-video/

Fucking idiots thinking they're gonna make a difference by shooting at cops. Seattle is full of morons who are willing to hop on the next big thing, so this incident didn't surprise me.

When in doubt, grab the nearest black guy. They weren't protecting him, he was a suspect. #shitbagopinions

Good work, Seattle PD.

Fucking idiots thinking they're gonna make a difference by shooting at cops. Seattle is full of morons who are willing to hop on the next big thing, so this incident didn't surprise me.

I think the suspects were caught up in Rainier Valley on MLK JR Blvd and were all under 18, I dont consider that shithole area part of Seattle anyway lol.

I think the suspects were caught up in Rainier Valley on MLK JR Blvd and were all under 18, I dont consider that shithole area part of Seattle anyway lol.

Nice edit. It's Seattle.

I haven't read anything saying the suspects were even caught. Do you got a link?

Different story. No one got killed in the drive by shooting involving the police.

You didnt read all the way through, cmon detective be a little more thorough. :) They arrested 3 other suspects in addition to the 2 suspects charged with the actual killing in connection with other recent drive bys in South Seattle. My guess is they dont want to link to the cop shooting just yet but either way I see them nabbing these fucks within the next week if there not already in custody.

You didnt read all the way through, cmon detective be a little more thorough. :) They arrested 3 other suspects in addition to the 2 suspects charged with the actual killing in connection with other recent drive bys in South Seattle. My guess is they dont want to link to the cop shooting just yet but either way I see them nabbing these fucks within the next week if there not already in custody.

Nothing in that link suggests that the shooters in that story have anything to do with the police shooting.

I thought the fat chick was going to shoot one of the other officers

Nothing in that link suggests that the shooters in that story have anything to do with the police shooting.

That article mentioned 3 other guys that were taken into custody linked to OTHER drive by shootings in South Seattle which is where the cop shooting happened and there hasnt been any other shootings in S Seattle aside from those 2 recently.

Back