3 observations from the Diaz Lawler fight...

Thinking on it now why the fuck would Nick agree to a five round fight? I mean he clearly was not in it to win it but that seems odd to me..

Diaz is not receiving enough heat for quitting in the octagon. While it was the smart thing to do for his brain, it is more shameful IMO than taping to strike.

Are you sharing any of those views?
No.
He is a warrior, it's shameful you could say that when you would be crying in the fetal position after a Lawler jab.

it is more shameful IMO than taping to strike.

Can we drop this nonsense? Tapping to chokes and armbars that result in breaking limbs are fine and completely normal even though most recover from them no problem. But tapping to strikes to save irreversible brain damage is a disgrace and shameful even though a tap means the exact same thing.

These are professional fighters we're talking about. These guys train and push their bodies for 5-10 years, training at an intensity most of us can't keep up for a month. Only to culminate fighting another professional fighter.

Both need to retire and fans need to let go of the past. Id rather see new hungry talent as opposed to diaz, ortiz, lidell, or any other fighter whose prime was last decade or more ago, sludge their way through a ppv main event. I dont care how much nostalgia diaz or lawler bring, these fights just hold the sport back

So that makes u qualified...... Bud. ...

If you think analyzing Nick Diaz takes some sort of credential I don't know what to tell you mate. You're taking this personally, when you should recognize his plight and agree with these very basic observations.

Nick likely had mental health problems all his life, completely exacerbated by fighting and chronic drug use. As noted, the man can barely string a single sentence together. Call it what it is and hope he gets help, it's no slight.

Both need to retire and fans need to let go of the past. Id rather see new hungry talent as opposed to diaz, ortiz, lidell, or any other fighter whose prime was last decade or more ago, sludge their way through a ppv main event. I dont care how much nostalgia diaz or lawler bring, these fights just hold the sport back
Nah, unless they are completely washed like Lidell, most like to see old legends fight IMO. They must however understand that they are only there for nostalgia and keep shy of asking fights vs the top dogs.

Back