3 hours of bjj

B

Butcher101**

hey guys the gym im intending to go to... has 6:30 to 8 T shirt bjj and from 8 to 9:30 mma focused bjj... will i be able to take it? or is it gonna be too hard?

it depends really, if you guys condition more than half the time you might have trouble. i do about 2 hours then hit the gym right after for another 2 hours, with a few break bewtween of course.
-Jon

Try it for a week or two and see how you feel.

It kinda depends. If you guys are rolling for the whole time, then you'll most likley be having a tough time. Maybe you could come for the "T-Shirt" bjj one day and the next go for just the MMA oriented one if you were too tired from going to both.

How hard are the classes in general?

How is your physical conditioning?

How many times a week is it?

i would start out slowly like go from 2 hours to 2 1/2 to 3 over a month or two unless you are already in good enough shape then no need to wait ... it all depends how your body handles it and you prob won't know till you try it out

You shouldn't have a problem because in my school theres Boxing, followed by Muay Thai followed by Jiu Jitsu, and I think Boxing and MT are more strenous cardio than straight BJJ (and alot of the ppl in all 3 were not THAT inshape).

How much do you love it? I was on vacation with my family, and was unable to train for the week. It drove me so crazy, and roadwork just wasn't enough for me. We finally got to Montreal, where TriStar gym is located (David Loiseau's gym). They had 3 classes that night, each of them an hour and a half. I did all of them; a total of 4 and a half hours. Muay Thai, Vale Tudo, and BJJ. If you love it enough you can do it. Just get adequate rest afterwards and eat plenty.

thx for the reply guys
the training is 3 hours a day on monday and wendsday
on tues and thursday its 1 hour of GI training i do 90 minutes of muay thai on these days 2.
on friday i have 90 minutes of judo
saturday 90 minutes of muay thai.
sunday off.

it all depens on your lvl and the lvl of your training partners. When i roll with purple belts ( im a white for life :p) i don't feel as tired as compared to when i roll with white belts. Also, it depens on how you roll, if you go all out like it's the world cup every round, then you are going to feel it. However, if you just "flow" at say 50~75% then you are not going to feel as sore.

Butcher101 said:
thx for the reply guys
the training is 3 hours a day on monday and wendsday
on tues and thursday its 1 hour of GI training i do 90 minutes of muay thai on these days 2.
on friday i have 90 minutes of judo
saturday 90 minutes of muay thai.
sunday off.
is this going to get me too tired for weights? i havent started the bjj yet i hit the weights 6 days a week an average of 2 hours a day

Back