• 310 To Yuma

• American Gangster

• Body of Lies

• State of Play

• The Next 3 Days

• Les Misérables

• Fathers and Daughters

Results are only viewable after voting.
He got put on the map coz of L.A. Confidential.

Beautiful mind was amazing.

And i loved American gangster.

Gladiator would come next. It is a fine flick but overrated.

A Good Year is my surprising choice for favourite above Gladiator, Stat Of Play and then American Gangster

I think I’d still say LA, then 3:10, then Gladiator. But the Insider and American Gangster could easily be on that list. And the Nice Guys is great.

Cinderella Man is awesome. One of those boxing movies that flew under the radar but is clearly one of the best the genre has had to offer in the past two decades.

I have to say Les Miserables is also a very entertaining movie. Crowe is sort of miscast there but does a solid job.

LA Confidential, 3:10 to Yuma and Gladiator

but American Gangster and The Other Guys are right up there.

My choices as well. Crowe can be pretty diverse in his roles but definitely played the rough, no nonsense guy very well.

Gladiator, 310 to Yuma, and LA Confidential. Not a huge fan of his.

My choices as well. Crowe can be pretty diverse in his roles but definitely played the rough, no nonsense guy very well.

I also realize I referred to The Nice Guys as The Other Guys but hey both great buddy cop/detective comedies.

Yeah has more range than one might initially think- cause I feel many would say he’s usually the strong, silent type. But you look at him playing Jeffrey Wigand in The Insider and it’s such a different character and performance than Gladiator and they were only a year apart.

Dude also got nominated for best actor three years in a row which is quite a feather in the cap.

Interestingly enough though Crowe delivers arguably overall the best, most nuanced performance in The Insider, my two favorite scenes don’t have him in it.

Pacino and Plummer were so great too.

Bruce McGill’s big scene where he flips out on the smug lawyer is great too.

Surprise the next 3 days isn't on here thought that was a great movie.

Surprise the next 3 days isn't on here thought that was a great movie.

I didn’t think it was great but it’s certainly a solid thriller. And Crowe carries it since he’s in virtually every scene. If he didn’t give a commanding performance there, it would falter.

Gladiator
The Next 3 Days
The Nice Guys

-honorable mention to Unhinged. One of the craziest movies I will ever see.

-American Gangster would actually be my #2 but its way more of a Denzel movie than a Crowe movie.

-Master and Commander is one of the worst movies of all time, how does it get so much love? I generally love period piece movies but I can not get past the first 20 minutes without falling asleep.

The Insider gets overlooked. Its probably his best performance

I tend to avoid this guy's movies but I really enjoyed Quick and the Dead and Cinderella Man was pretty good despite his presence.

Gladiator, A Beautiful Mind, Cinderella Man. I have never seen Master and Commander, will have to check it out.

Back