• Borat

• Talladega Nights

• Super Bad

• Pineapple Express

• Step Brothers

• Tropic Thunder

• Hangover

Results are only viewable after voting.
How did we get so many gems from 2000-2009. I blame everyone trying to be PC, that's all I can figure. I like to be offended while watching comedy.
200.gif

plenty of gems from 2010-2020

Jackass 2 should be an option, or all three of them.

Only time in a theater I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe.

Seriously, I was in pain from laughing so hard and my face was beat red.

It'd be my #1 choice, with Team America being my #2.

Jackass 2 should be an option, or all three of them.

Only time in a theater I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe.

Seriously, I was in pain from laughing so hard and my face was beat red.

It'd be my #1 choice, with Team America being my #2.
i remember nonstop kicking the seat in front of me, tears streaming down my face, because i practically lost control of my body i was laughing so hard when i saw Jackass 2 back when in high school.

i remember laughing myself to tears & feeling like my guts were going to pop during that first “hand-to-hand” combat scene at the beginning of Team America. i had to make my parents come into the theater to buy my ticket for me three times in less than two weeks.

Team America was excellent. @BisexualMMA @HI SCOTT NEWMAN

hey not wanting to go off topic, but how are you? are you ok? I keep seeing on the news that your state is not doing well in this coronavirus, please let me know, I hope you are safe and well. Please be safe and take care, I'm worried about you.

If Super Troopers does win this poll is shit

@Paul
3. Pineapple Express
2. 40 year old Virgin
1. Anchorman

*Disclaimer*

There are alot of great comedies I left off the list. My bad
Apparently your master race of highly intelligent toddlers forgot to include In The Loop in your poll...

What would you consider to be the gems from the 2010's on the level of this poll list?
Inherent Vice, Rubber, Force Majeure, The Favourite, The Lobster, One Cut of the Dead, The Guard, Four Lions, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, Tangerine, The Greasy Strangler, The Beach Bum, The Square, A Pigeon Sat on a Branch Reflecting on Existence, Wild Tales, What We Do in the Shadows, Hunt for the Wilderpeople, The Nice Guys, Sorry to Bother You, The Death of Dick Long, Come to Daddy, The Grand Budapest Hotel, The Day Shall Come

i realize this is totally a personal taste thing when writing down a bunch of these (ie a whole bunch of black comedies), but i think they’re all better than most of the movies on the list in the poll.

That decade was amazing for comedy. I did not remember so many great comedies going this decade.

These are all some of my all time favs:

Tropic thunder
Old school
40 year old
Talladega
Anchorman
Zoolander
Borat
Wedding crashers
Sean of the dead
Scary Movie

It's hard to pick out 3 from those. I feel like this decade would fall way short in comparison.

Last edited:
Inherent Vice, Rubber, Force Majeure, The Favourite, The Lobster, One Cut of the Dead, The Guard, Four Lions, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, Tangerine, The Greasy Strangler, The Beach Bum, The Square, A Pigeon Sat on a Branch Reflecting on Existence, Wild Tales, What We Do in the Shadows, Hunt for the Wilderpeople, The Nice Guys, Sorry to Bother You, The Death of Dick Long, Come to Daddy, The Grand Budapest Hotel, The Day Shall Come

i realize this is totally a personal taste thing when writing down a bunch of these (ie a whole bunch of black comedies), but i think they’re all better than most of the movies on the list in the poll.

I think the only way for most of those to be comparable is if you are looking at them from a critical, cinematic perspective. In terms of laugh out loud funny they fall well short.

What we do in the shadows, nice guys, grand budapest were laugh out loud funny and definitely very high quality.

But hunt for the wilderpeople, sorry to bother you. Well made but I don't know if anyone was laughing much during those movies.

Superbad
Zoolander
Napoleon Dynamite

If y'all ain't seen it, Carnage, which is a remake of I believe a French comedy, it's Christoph Waltz, Kate Winslet, John C. Riley and Jody Foster, I fucking died. It's a situational comedy and prolly not to everybody's liking but I fucking lost it, it was amaze.

You left out Not another teen movie. It's better than all those you have up there. I went with Tropic Thunder though

Tough

A lot of parity on that list but I went with

Napoleon Dynamite. The most quotable of the films listed

Old School. Wire to wire funny but the scene with Sean William Scott gets it in the top 3

Superbad but Zoolander, Team America, Scary Movie(the last great spoof movie) and Tropic Thunder are in the running.

Joe Dirt would’ve been in the Top 3

I think the only way for most of those to be comparable is if you are looking at them from a critical, cinematic perspective. In terms of laugh out loud funny they fall well short.

What we do in the shadows, nice guys, grand budapest were laugh out loud funny and definitely very high quality.

But hunt for the wilderpeople, sorry to bother you. Well made but I don't know if anyone was laughing much during those movies.
well i did laugh out loud while watching every movie i listed, but that’s why i mentioned that a lot of them are 100% slanted towards my own personal taste in comedies. a black comedy will always make me laugh more than some annoying bullshit like Scary Movie, Old School, or Me Myself & Irene.

so while my list & TS’s list are all comedies, i do agree it can be like comparing apples to oranges.

well i did laugh out loud while watching every movie i listed, but that’s why i mentioned that a lot of them are 100% slanted towards my own personal taste in comedies. a black comedy will always make me laugh more than some annoying bullshit like Scary Movie, Old School, or Me Myself & Irene.

so while my list & TS’s list are all comedies, i do agree it can be like comparing apples to oranges.

Fair enough, you have your own taste in comedy. I can see how those dark comedies would appeal more to you. I imagine in bruges from the previous decade was right up your alley then.

How high do you rate "the death of dick long" i have it on my watch list but haven't got around to it.

Back