3 episodes in on Sons of Anarchy - does it get better?

I tried watching Parks and Rec from the first episode on years back and couldn't get into it. Just wasn't all that funny.

Started watching random episodes later on and found out the show was hilarious. It just took a season or so for the characters to find their groove and then it took off. Wasn't sure if Sons was the same way.
I've heard the same thing about shows like family guy and South Park that they get good in the later seasons, I tried watching some early episodes and they were hard to watch

No, it's probably the worst show I've invested multiple seasons into (along with the Walking Dead). I gave it a chance because i loved The Shield, but this comes nowhere close to that brilliance. It will only get worse.
I think walking dead fell off even more lol

Its sick bro. Make sure you get all the gear with their patch on it and walk around the mall like your a badass, it'll make ppl respect and fear you because you watched a fictional TV show about a fictional biker gang.

I think walking dead fell off even more lol
Walking Dead was more realistic than Sons. That cozy little town of Charming at various points had gang warfare between blacks, Nazis, the Mexican cartels, IRA, Chinese Triad, American militia, and the Italian Mob. lol all they were missing are Islamic terrorists.

Walking Dead was more realistic than Sons. That cozy little town of Charming at various points had gang warfare between blacks, Nazis, the Mexican cartels, IRA, Chinese Triad, American militia, and the Italian Mob. lol all they were missing are Islamic terrorists.

It gets a lot better. Good show.

Last season kind of sucks and the last scene is bizarre.

I once saw a poster here describe SoA as a 'Male Soap Opera'.....

can't remember who that was, but I've never seen a more apt description in my life

It does kind of jump the shark at a certain point, but overall I liked the show...

Holy shit what a jackass. Is wearing a vest from a fictional biker gang in a TV show considered false valor now? He acts like they're veterans or something lol.

"A lot of people died to wear that"

<3>

I watched every episode but when I went back to watch the first season it was a tough sit. They clearly got some more money and production value as the show went on because it’s looks entirely different by the end. Going back the first season looks so damn cheaply made.

I say stick with it though. I think the first three seasons leading to the climax of season 3 was some of the best television I’ve ever seen.

Now after season 3 it all goes to complete shit and I hated it. I was too invested at that point though and had to finish it

It's a show about coming out of the closet

I worked with a guy that was so obsessed with that show he was trying to start his own motorcycle club/gang.

Stop watching after Opie dies, it goes to shit after that

Doesn't get any better, I gave it an honest try and watched the whole first season because everyone said it was sooo good... it sucked

It never stops being cheesy. To be fair, it has its moments but I wonder how I managed to make it through the entire series. Nowadays I don’t give shows much of a chance at all. Don’t have the time or interest to get invested. If I first tried SOA this year, I would’ve tapped out in the first 5 minutes.

I gave up at like season 4 or 5. It’s like walking dead but with a motorcycle gangs. Same stupid shit over and over.

The wire took a few episodes to get into, actually more like half the season

That said, soa is meh, can be entertaining at times. Justified was a way better show on the same network/time period

Did you find Justified to be cheesy as well?

I made it about 3 episodes into that show as well. It actually reminded me a lot of SOA where it was good but just had these cheesy moments that took the wind out of my sails. I could easily see myself watching the whole thing but it didn't have that binge watch X factor to it like Breaking Bad had.

Back