3 episodes in on Sons of Anarchy - does it get better?

MoparOrNoCar

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Am I missing something or does it get better or change up later on? I'm not one of these dorks who nitpicks at every little thing but people pumped it up to be one of the best shows and it just seems cheesy to me. Like I don't buy Jax as a motorcycle gang member at all. He's the star of the show but seems completely miscast. So does that dude with the tats on his head. Just looks like a normal guy they doctored up for the show. Doesn't have that genuine look to him like the other guys have.

Some of the scenes are just so damn cheesy. Like the one where the dude in the Dodge Coronet cuts them off on the highway and they run into him later on at the gas station. Instead of just whooping his ass, the random ass dude pulls out a gun and fires on them and then gets an ax in the back of his head from the store clerk? Just seemed like the point of the scene was to show that these guys don't take any shit but the scene was like something an 8 year old with an imagination wrote.

Episode 3, Jax and the fat guy are at a gas station and when they come out there's this dufus sitting on Jax's bike with his girlfriend taking pictures of him. The guy is a street biker himself yet has no idea that going and sitting on random peoples bike's is a bad thing. Jax sees a mark on the girls lip and asks the guy about it and he says "She talks too much". First thing out of the guy's mouth to someone he doesn't know is an admission that he beats her. So Jax takes the camera from the girl and the guy poses on Jax's bike while Jax takes a picture. Then Jax beats the guy up and the guy's girl hops on the back of his bike and they ride off. The scene played out like a incel white knight's fantasy.

First couple sessons were OK. It quickly goes downhill in the last couple.

I couldn't make it past the first few episodes.

The final scene of the series is hilariously awful.

Not great but still better than the last few seasons of Dexter.

Made me want to smoke joints on a rooftop and start a diary

Keep watching it gets better. It's like The Shield, but with even more violence.

I really enjoyed the beefs they had with the Blacks, Mexicans, Chinese, Irish and Aryan Nation. If you are offended by the racism and violence then go be a snowflake.

First few seasons are great,

Then you just start getting pissed that these biker fucks can't even go to the damn gas station or grocery store without getting into a fucking shoot out or someone dying..

Its sick bro. Make sure you get all the gear with their patch on it and walk around the mall like your a badass, it'll make ppl respect and fear you because you watched a fictional TV show about a fictional biker gang.

I hate this question.

If you don't like a show 3 episodes in, just acknowledge the fact that it may not be for you.

If you nitpick things and want it to be realistic, then the show clearly is not for you.

edit: Nermind.

Sons is a decent show. The climax at the end of season 1 is fantastic, as is the season finale of the 2nd last season.

Last season is pointless.

Gets more and more ridiculous as it goes but I thought it was entertaining

Am I missing something or does it get better or change up later on? I'm not one of these dorks who nitpicks at every little thing but people pumped it up to be one of the best shows and it just seems cheesy to me. Like I don't buy Jax as a motorcycle gang member at all. He's the star of the show but seems completely miscast. So does that dude with the tats on his head. Just looks like a normal guy they doctored up for the show. Doesn't have that genuine look to him like the other guys have.

Some of the scenes are just so damn cheesy. Like the one where the dude in the Dodge Coronet cuts them off on the highway and they run into him later on at the gas station. Instead of just whooping his ass, the random ass dude pulls out a gun and fires on them and then gets an ax in the back of his head from the store clerk? Just seemed like the point of the scene was to show that these guys don't take any shit but the scene was like something an 8 year old with an imagination wrote.

Episode 3, Jax and the fat guy are at a gas station and when they come out there's this dufus sitting on Jax's bike with his girlfriend taking pictures of him. The guy is a street biker himself yet has no idea that going and sitting on random peoples bike's is a bad thing. Jax sees a mark on the girls lip and asks the guy about it and he says "She talks too much". First thing out of the guy's mouth to someone he doesn't know is an admission that he beats her. So Jax takes the camera from the girl and the guy poses on Jax's bike while Jax takes a picture. Then Jax beats the guy up and the guy's girl hops on the back of his bike and they ride off. The scene played out like a incel white knight's fantasy.
No, it's probably the worst show I've invested multiple seasons into (along with the Walking Dead). I gave it a chance because i loved The Shield, but this comes nowhere close to that brilliance. It will only get worse.

I also tried to watch it a few years ago. I thought it was horrendous. Not even kind of good and I never got why anyone liked it. I thought the writing and acting were really bad.

I hate this question.

If you don't like a show 3 episodes in, just acknowledge the fact that it may not be for you.

I tried watching Parks and Rec from the first episode on years back and couldn't get into it. Just wasn't all that funny.

Started watching random episodes later on and found out the show was hilarious. It just took a season or so for the characters to find their groove and then it took off. Wasn't sure if Sons was the same way.

I hate this question.

The wire took a few episodes to get into, actually more like half the season

That said, soa is meh, can be entertaining at times. Justified was a way better show on the same network/time period

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back