3 blatant lies during UFC 190

TheJackal

Blue Belt
Reaction score
1. During Bigfoot walkout "his 3 recent wins including one over Arlovski"

2. "Big Nog has been the Pride HW champion until december 2014"

3. Stefan Struve 6'11.5, after they made a big fuss a year or so ago about him still growing and was over 7 foot then.

Get a grip ufc, people watching have already paid, why lie and bullshit still.

They can't seem to get their facts straight about Struve's height. They really wanna just round up to 7'

I think the Big Nog thing was a mistake. I think Goldie meant to say December of 2004 but nobody corrected him

You have a liberal definition of blatant lies. Maybe they were just factually incorrect about a few things. I remember the Arlovski comment and tried to rack my brain to remember if he ever did beat him. I know he lost recently to him.

Like you said, there is nothing to gain so it is more likely incompetence than malice.

You have a liberal definition of blatant lies. Maybe they were just factually incorrect about a few things. I remember the Arlovski comment and tried to rack my brain to remember if he ever did beat him. I know he lost recently to him.

Like you said, there is nothing to gain so it is more likely incompetence than malice.

That's a really good excuse. Are you part of the UFC's public relation team?

Fact: Joe Rogan almost cried after the RRR fight.

UFC lying... I don't even... no, wait, that is what they do all the time.

He's in every ufc thread defending them and Dana. I hope he's paid. Doesn't deserve a raise anytime soon though.

Its not a lie, its just FACTUALLY INCORRECT LOL!

Nah, it's just my perception. Like TS said, there is nothing to gain with the lies, so for what reason would they lie? Do you think their PR arm would call them incompetent?

He's in every ufc thread defending them and Dana. I hope he's paid. Doesn't deserve a raise anytime soon though.

Why do you always bring up Dana? He isn't a part of this. this is you taking obvious untrue statements and applying malice while at the same time acknowledging that there is no reason to lie. that acknowledgement undercuts your version of how the inaccurate statements came to be.

You are really gay for Dana.

Its not a lie, its just FACTUALLY INCORRECT LOL!

Right Dummy. A lie requires intent to mislead. Factually incorrect are untrue statements made by mistake or lack of proper knowledge. You calling these statements "blatant lies" is factually incorrect. because you believe they are lies. You're not lying when you say that, you're just probably wrong.

They go way overboard with the hype. I mean, we're already here, no lies or hyperbole are going to make a difference. Like someone advertising a product I've already bought.

They go way overboard with the hype. I mean, we're already here, no lies or hyperbole are going to make a difference. Like someone advertising a product I've already bought.

Exactly. So many people excuse it as selling the fight, but it's already bought.

I am beginning to think that exaggerating beyond reason and carrying on with hyperbole is just a part of American culture.

Exactly. So many people excuse it as selling the fight, but it's already bought.

I am beginning to think that exaggerating beyond reason and carrying on with hyperbole is just a part of American culture.
"Ronda is P4P unarmed combat everything in the world"

See, it took us this long, but you and I have found some common ground.

See, it took us this long, but you and I have found some common ground.

I was sitting next to an old couple in a waiting room and the tv was playing news from the riots in usa. The old man turned to his wife and said "jeez those yanks carry on don't they,"

And I was like TruDat.

one time i told my mom the car keys were on the kitchen counter, but turns out they were actually hanging by the door

my mom then told me to get a grip and that i need to stop with my blatant lies

why are you such a crybaby? ...and who gives a shit about a few mistakes during a four hour live broadcast...

one time i told my mom the car keys were on the kitchen counter, but turns out they were actually hanging by the door

Your username makes your life look like a lie no offence

Were you trying to hype up the kitchen counter? If so, I agree with your mom.

Why do you always bring up Dana? He isn't a part of this. this is you taking obvious untrue statements and applying malice while at the same time acknowledging that there is no reason to lie. that acknowledgement undercuts your version of how the inaccurate statements came to be.

You are really gay for Dana.

Right Dummy. A lie requires intent to mislead. Factually incorrect are untrue statements made by mistake or lack of proper knowledge. You calling these statements "blatant lies" is factually incorrect. because you believe they are lies. You're not lying when you say that, you're just probably wrong.

Thing is they have full access to the stats. That's their job.

They could also correct themselves if they haven't intentionally tried to mislead anyone but they.. err..don't.?

I just think Goldberg knows very little about MMA outside of the fights that he's called.

He mentioned a couple of times that Rogerio was the favourite to win the MW GP, I haven't gone back and tried to looking up what the odds were but I can't believe that Little Nog would have opened as the outright favourite, not with Wandy and Rampage in the tournament. And I remember the general consensus at the time was that it was going to be between Wandy, Rampage, and Arona. Some people liked Nog as a darkhorse but he was definitely not the favourite.

He's also called Overeem the Pride MW GP champion, which isn't even close to being true.

Goldie is best served sticking to the things he's good at, like plugging the sponsors and telling us how much time is left in the round. Leave the rest to Joe.

Back