Good. Its sad that if it was a white person whos catholic who would have said this, he would be called a facist

It will certainly get taken more seriously and will be less controversial coming from a Muslim.

He's right that unfortunately this whole thing will likely cause 'Muslims to be stared at' so to speak. Such is the nature of polarization to create distrust among different groups.

I don't kn

I-See-What-You-Did-There-Fry1.jpg

I may be wrong, but overall there seems to be a fairly positive strengthening of the sort of decent mainstream Muslim and non-Muslim society in France over this .... on the fringes you hear people trying to rip on "Muslims" or "look instead at the evil West," but most Europeans seem to genuinely feel solidarity on the free speech issue. It's not about blaming Muslims, or blaming the West, it's about uniting against the people who would challenge one of the bulwarks of European society -- a genuinely free press.

Which is a positive.

Fuck those people who want to tell others what they can say and think. It certainly has no place in any modern society.

This is an entirely uncontroversial statement but I guess it's good that he said it. Maybe it will cut back on those "bring back Hitler" comments I keep finding.

Fuck those people who want to tell others what they can say and think. It certainly has no place in any modern society.

Does it count as telling someone what to do if you tell someone to not tell you what to do?

If the Muslims were black and Obama said the same thing, everyone would be calling him Uncle Tom. Too much double standard

"All those well-meaning Muslims here will now be stared at"

oh, wow, all those misplaced stares. let me count on my finger. what i have hooks instead of hands? well i can still count high enough on them

:p

Back